Thank goodness for Alexa

Status
Not open for further replies.
UAcats-LOL-He is!!! I wasn't give anything for my nose. Wonder why? I have a feeling it's because my surgery is scheduled for 3:20 in the afternoon. Urgh!!! Wasn't happy about that!
 
Some surgeons don't prescribe the ointment for the nose routinely. It just depends on their protocol. Surgery time doesn't have anything to do with it.
 
UAcats-LOL-He is!!! I wasn't give anything for my nose. Wonder why? I have a feeling it's because my surgery is scheduled for 3:20 in the afternoon. Urgh!!! Wasn't happy about that!

They did a test for me and I tested positive for Staff in my nose, so the ointment was to kill the staff. Apparently it's pretty common to carry staff around somewhere on your body. So I'm guessing you tested negative.
 
My TKR was infected with staph, so when I have the left done I'll go through the same protocol. My infectious disease doctor will take care of the pre-op cleanse.
 
My surgery is this Wednesday. I think it's an abundance of caution since the procedure is being done outpatient.

Btw, the ointment makes me feel like I have thick kids boogers.
 
There's actually less chance of infection with outpatient than in those with a hospital stay. It's probably the protocol your OS uses.
 
The ointment in your nose its to kill off any bacteria you may be harboring there, not to prevent you getting an infection in the hospital.
 
@pdx - since I'm part of a research study doing my physical therapy at home using a mobile app, I might try using Alexa to remind me which exercises are due each day.
 
I had a whole process to follow starting about 8 weeks pre-op. My surgeon uses HealthLoop as his electronic communication portal pre and post op. Almost daily my email would have a message from him! These protocols are all designed to prepare you for the experience and to prevent post op complications. I liked the organization and his expectations for my participation. Many of these protocols are developed from "best practice" research. I was thankful for the reminder emails as there were a few things that I may have forgotten for that particular day/phase. Tele medicine is coming faster than you might think!


Sent from my iPad using broken link removed: https://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=75543
 
I just spent two hours doing homework assigned by my OS. Rothman Institute has a web portal and there are all sorts of questionnaires and interactive videos that I have to complete before surgery.

Do they use HealthLoop?


Sent from my iPad using broken link removed: https://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=75543
 
I just was reading through all my pre-op stuff. I have so much to do/remember before surgery. I put it all on my calendar and will ask Alexa what I am supposed to do each day... otherwise, I know I'd forget or get them mixed up.

Love my Alexa. have had it for 2 years. Got Echo Dots for all young adults in family. Your post has given me tons of ideas on how I can use it during my recovery! Reminders, alerts, alarms, lists of PT exercises. Wow!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
@Red's Mom It's two companies. Force Point therapeutic and another company that I can remember... (3:30am here) I have it bookmarked on my laptop but I'm in bed on my iPad. I'll post later today the name.
 
@UACats70 looking forward to hearing about your experience. I am also having surgery with Rothman and using the app for rehab. Where are you having your surgery? I am not until Feb 22.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom