Guest viewing is limited

TKR Thank God I am now home.

Last Wednesday I was able to bend 110 degrees by myself.
That is awesome!!!
am working hard to keep it. I have been moving around more and the pain is much less now.
Remember, you do not need to work hard---just keep focused on being gentle and take your exercises to the point of discomfort---the harder you work---the slower the progress.

Sleeping all night with no pain meds
That is great!!! For me, that was one of the most frustrating aspects of recovery---good for you!
 
I was pleased to have 115 degrees ROM after missing PT during Thanksgiving. I still need to get my knee to straighten, I am down to 4 degrees so that's an improvement. We will see what I get today. I think I'm ready for my Doctor appointment tomorrow as his goal for me was 110 ROM and I have gained more than that. I still don't feel like I am walking normally and I still feel safer using my cane.
 
121 ROM and 0 on straightening. Still having pain but not as severe as 3weeks ago. Therapist still thinks I need the cane. I am walking better, just not good enough. I think it is because I limped around so long before having my replacement. It is more habit than pain. I do still have trouble sleeping.
 
It's a really good idea to keep using your cane until you aren't limping any more.
 
@BOetijlc I was very glad to find your thread. You have had great results eince your MUA. I also have autoimmiune issues and diabetes. It really affected my healing. I had my MUA 2 days ago. My ROM was stuck at 86 at 9 weeks out. OS got me to 115 in surgery and I was at 100 leaving the hospital. I am doing home exercises now because of the holiday and back to PT on Monday. Thank you for posting your update, it is very encouraging and exactly what I needed to read today.
 
I think your therapist makes sense. You will gradually be able to ditch the cane. Just keep practicing. I love your ROM.:yay:
 
Yea - I managed to get 123 ROM on my own last Friday. So happy with that. My therapist kept saying "I just can't believe how good you are doing". Hard work and lots of patience pays off. I cooked chicken and dumplings today. The first meal I have prepared since September. My darling husband came to the rescue and helped me and cleaned up for me. I was exhausted.
 
Yum. Glad you had a cleanup crew. :)
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom