THR Terrible reaction to anesthesia and/or morphine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks, you guys. Even after everything he went through, he said that he would do it again -- because what choice did he have? He was going to end up in a wheelchair because he was in so much pain. What I find really interesting is that the hip replacement itself was the only part of his two-month ordeal that went just as planned. He had no pain at all after the surgery, which I find astounding (maybe his pain tolerance had been built up prior to the surgery after months of bone-on-bone pain treated with nothing stronger than low-dose Tramadol?), and he hasn't experienced any problems at all with the hip. One good thing that came out of the nightmare is that he had intensive rehab: he spent more than a month in the rehab center, then he had home rehab, and then he had many weeks of outpatient rehab. They did a lot of balance work with him. He now can stand on his "bad" leg for almost 15 seconds without support! I think that's very impressive because I myself start to sway after about 10 seconds of standing on one leg. Anyway, thank you again for your comments and caring. I am grateful.
 
So very pleased for your Dad, and the whole family great news!
 
Hi, just dropping by to see how your father is doing?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Back
Top Bottom