THR Tendon soreness after THR<<'

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Lee0521 Is it a burning zinging zapping pain in the soft tissue of your thigh? If I walk even a little too much it is awful --driving sets it off too. Bad part is I do not know what "too much" is. When it is really bad the only relief I have is to elevate my leg and ice the joint for a day.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
@Lee0521 yet again I have had to move a couple of your posts you made in another member's thread (sudden onset thigh pain 1½ yrs post op)which was in danger of derailing her thread. Please be careful not to do that. Make comments about your own case in this thread which is your recovery thread. Also read this Forum etiquette: being polite when posting.

OMG...brutal pain in my left leg.
Can you tell me the exact site of your pain using this chart?

[Bonesmart.org] Tendon soreness after THR<<'


[Bonesmart.org] Tendon soreness after THR<<'

 
@Chihuahuan: Hi... mine is a sore ache all down my leg. Very painful. I was doing very well for a while, even walking several blocks without my cane. I believe that I am overdoing the walking with no mobility aid. I think that the muscles/nerves are now inflamed, so I have started taking celebrex again. The pain is a little less this morning. I stopped my home physio, so that might also be a contributing factor.
 
@ Josephine: Was I being impolite? I was not aware of that. I am posting as per my current condition, not sure where to post for every new thing. Where do you want me to post? I don't remember what my thread is.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
@Lee0521 post all your updates and questions on your recovery here. That way we have a complete record of your recovery and can better advise you. This thread is your recovery thread.

As far as forum etiquette, if you post issues that are off topic on someone else's thread it sends the conversation away from that person's issues. It may also mean that your particular issue is not addressed. Post everything here concerning your own recovery and we will be able to help you.

It does sound like you are doing a bit too much without a walking aid. Your muscles still need to strengthen a bit. If you can use the chart Jo posted and let her know the exact area of this pain she may be able to advise.
 
not sure where to post for every new thing.
It is so much easier to be able to help you and give you the advice you need when we are able to easily see when your surgery was, what other issues you may have had, and what has been going on in your recovery just by looking at one thread instead of bouncing back and forth between two or more other threads. This is explained further in this article which is in both recovery forums One thread for your recovery please?

We also have help articles here, you know! In here How To Use This Forum
The article you want is this one How can I find my threads and posts?
 
@Jaycey; @Josephine: Okay, thank you for the clarification ladies.

It's hard to determine from the chart, but my pain is Left leg, starting from hip down to ankle. Extremely sore, not sharp jolts, just aching all down the leg. Pain when I walk with a cane. It started one week ago.

My LHR surgery was May 18, 2016. I have had post-op depression. I am also in peri-menopause and taking progesterone, so I am not sure if my hormones have something to do with my recent increase in pain. My cat's recent death and going back to work have increased my stress level as well.

I have started taking celebrex to relieve inflammation so I am hoping that this will go away soon.

Thank you for your feedback.
 
Sounds like you have a lot on your plate @Lee0521 ! Starting back to work can certainly introduce many symptoms. What type of work do you do? Are you able to do a phased return to ease into the increased activity?
 
@Jaycey: I did a phased return and now I am back full-time. It's been a while now. I am very tired during the day and often go to the sick room to lie down. I am an Executive Assistant, so I sit a long time and get very stiff.

If I could work part-time, I would, but I am self-supportive. I thought that after 4 1/2 months, I would not be in pain anymore. I guess I was wrong! I have developed tennis elbow from using a cane for over a year and the tendonitis in my left foot has returned after 7 years.
 
It's hard to determine from the chart
What's the problem with it? Can you not see how to use it? Could you not understand the method from the first, smallerimage?

I can't offer any advice if I don't know where the pain is.
 
@Josephine: I joined this forum for relief and to get helpful feedback. My last post was directed at Jaycey, not you. Since my very first posting in June, you have given me nothing but negative feedback about where to post, how to post, and now you are criticizing my ability to comprehend a silly chart, when I have given you detailed information about where my pain is. Isn't that more important than a chart with numbers? I do not appreciate being humiliated in a public forum by you, nor do I deserve it. In future, I will go to a different blog and donate there.
 
It's hard to determine from the chart, but my pain is Left leg, starting from hip down to ankle. Extremely sore, not sharp jolts, just aching all down the leg. Pain when I walk with a cane. It started one week ago.
@Lee0521....I know you are frustrated to still be experiencing pain. Believe me, we do want to help you get to the bottom of it. The problem is that your description above doesn't provide enough specific information. Is the pain on your left leg that goes from your hip to your ankle on the front of your leg, the back, the inside or the outside? The location makes a difference in trying to pinpoint the origin of the pain. This is why we use the chart that Jo posted. By identifying the locations on the chart (like LF4A through LF4H for example) we know more about what you are experiencing.
 
In future, I will go to a different blog and donate there.
Well that would be a shame as you'd be unlikely to find another place with as much professionally informed advice as you get here. I am very sorry - and sad - that you see my previous posts as negative and humiliating because that was not my intent. It's not unusual for us to get new members who find the forum a bit confusing to navigate but there is no harm in that. We all had to start somewhere and we all needed help and advise to learn.
now you are criticizing my ability to comprehend a silly chart, when I have given you detailed information about where my pain is. Isn't that more important than a chart with numbers?
I understand you thought you had given me detailed information about your pain but sadly it didn't tell me anything useful which I why I depend upon charts to give me information I need to offer you appropriate advice. Surely you can see that?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom