Hi
@DodgyKnee, how you doin? I did mention on Freedom's thread that I'd come across Many Tears, and found the plight of those poor dogs absolutely heartbreaking. We didn't actually get our pup from there, but from a local advertisement. She wasn't strictly speaking a rescue like all our other pets have been, but we did save her from a life of being cooped up in a first floor flat, and most probably being put down rat holes

Nelly Noodle is gorgeous, a bit like Penny the dog I had growing up. That was a long journey, but I bet it was worth it. Feb 2015 was when we got Mandy!
Thanks
@sistersinhim, this experience helps us rejoice with those who rejoice, and weep with those who weep, hopefully. Thank you for your prayers and thoughtfulness.
@mamazipp I had to take ill health retirement from teaching in 2006, and went on Methotrexate for seven years, but had some stomach problems and a pleural effusion, so came off it in 2013. I was doing ok until my right knee flared up last October, hence the TKR. I'm reluctant to go back on a DMARD, they suppress the immune system and cause side effects. You are right about the weather, our Welsh winters can be pretty wet. Nice cold dry days, or even snow, I can cope with better, but it's been wet and mild for several years now. Your winters sound similar.
I'm glad you enjoyed the Royal visit, I'm not really pro or against royalty but they come across as a happy family and the children are lovely, but I'm biased, I worked with nursery kids.