TKR Swmrgirl is Recovering

Good to hear from you, but I'm sorry you're looking at another surgery. Do you have a date?
 
We have a trip in March and one in early May, so I'll wait and do it near the end of May. I forgot to ask what the recovery time is for this surgery, but at least the weather will be warm by the time I have surgery.
 
My boss had a TKR on January 11th, and she's already back at work! She came back yesterday, and worked about 4 hours, and then 5 hours today. Then... she went to the gym to do her exercises both days. How does one do that?! Neither of my knees behaved that way, and I have to say that I'm so jealous.

I'm scheduled to have lysis of adhesions on my right knee on June 6th, and hopefully that will be the last surgery for awhile.
 
That's quite a while to wait. Is that typical for lysis of adhesions? Wonder how the boss will feel tonight...
 
I don't know, but I'm jealous of her! I decided to wait on the surgery until June. My surgeon is booked until April and I'm going to NY in May for my son's graduation. There are just so many other things to do besides surgery! :)
 
I'm back again! June 14th I'm having debridement surgery on my right knee. I feel like I've been waiting forever to get this thing booked. I continue to lose mobility, so I'm looking forward to getting this knee fixed. On the bright side, my left knee is excellent, and I'm so glad for these new knees! I'm hopeful that with some fine tuning, the right side will be as good.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
When I met with the surgeon in February, he said no, but my knee has gotten worse since Then, so that may have changed. I'll see him next Monday, and will let you know. Hope you're well, Karri.
 
I'm well, Julie, thank you! I'm sorry you're having to go through debridement. I had debridement/washout/spacer exchange. While the first time up and walking was painful, the month after wasn't as bad as TKR.
 
I don't expect it to be as bad as the TKR. Sounds similar to the procedure that Kelly (skigirl) had. I'm not worried about the surgery, just risk of infection. Trying hard not to get too far ahead of myself.
 
If you have an open lysis of adhesion, it is important to start PT again very slowly, so as to not irritate your knee again.
 
Surgery was just moved up to Thursday, June 8th :) @skigirl my OS is on vacation, and I'm having trouble finding someone who can give me an approx. recovery timeline. I guess it's going to depend on whether or not I need a new spacer (thinking not, since my tkr is only 18 mos.). Not sure what to tell work, but I feel like I need to give them best and worse case scenario. Any guidance would be helpful.
 
Back
Top Bottom