• SCHEDULED MAINTENANCE. BoneSmart will be unavailable from 8:00am - 10:00am CDT on Tuesday, May 21, 2024 due to required systems maintenance and upgrade.

If you are unable to log in, please check back later and the maintenance should be completed.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

TKR Swimming Query

You're brave taking on Ikea even in a wheelchair. I did have a funny picture in my mind though of your husband careering through the China dept with you hanging on for grim death!

I had a busy morning yesterday and both knees are complaining today. My first seems to complain more than the second though.

Last edited:
Henrietta you certainly had a busy day yesterday. I can remember when I had a hip operation done years ago and I went with my hubby to B and Q and I was in a wheel chair. It was strange being at a different level and I remember the frustration at trying to look at things but hubby does not like shopping and was reluctant to slow down so that I could look at things.
Lindylee it sounds as if you are doing well and did well to cope with catching all of those buses. It will be interesting to see if both of my knees will be the same.
Had another shock yesterday as I have had a sore toe and when I looked closely I had a weepy blister so I went to chiropodists and she looked and said a toe nail was coming off so I am now taking anti biotic in case of infection. I am so worried as it seems as if I take one step forward and two steps backwards.

There always seems to be something to knock us back again doesn't there? Hopefully the antibiotics are precautionary and will do the job. Is it the left foot?

@aries ... just to make sure there are no problems, you probably should alert your GP to the infection in your toe since you are only about 6 weeks out from your surgery. There shouldn't be any issues for you and you are on antibiotics, but it's just a smart move to keep everyone on your medical team aware of what's going on.

Thank you Jockette. Yes I think there’s no deadline for Rom.
Aries, sorry to hear about your toe. Not what you want is it?
Lindylee look after your left knee as well as your right. The Kine I saw only once after my op did give that good advice.
I'm tired today.

Thanks for your kind thoughts. Fingers crossed everything will be OK

Brilliant decision. We can think of doing many things but that little man pops up and let's us know what really to do. Take care x

Good idea Aries, might be an idea to take it easy until the abx kick in. Spoil yourself today.

Absolutely. I made the mistake of walking round a very big supermarket today. Regretting it now. Very tired.
have at least decided not going to England in near future. The things we were going to do can keep. Husband has bad chest and frightened of virus.

You are doing well. As we can’t go out at the moment, in France, I can’t go back to aquagym (Or the kine) so must do the 10 minute walk round the block at least.

Think I will have a restful day as it us raining yet again. Was looking forward to going to the hairdressers next week, but I suppose I will need to cancel the appointment.

I wear my hair natural and short. It could stand to be trimmed and evened up but I'll be doing that at home with my own hair scissors. I already do my own nails.

I went to the hairdresser just before my op. Fringe getting a bit longer now. I used to wait till I got back to England but not any more I think,

Tried to ride my (real) bike yesterday. Painful when I got to the top of the bend, couldn’t do it. Last time I managed once I reintroduced diclofenac (an NSAID) but i don’t really want to take it if I can help it. Not had paracetamol for last few days.

I was hoping to go to the gym regularly and ride one of the bikes at the gym regularly because it is supposed to be a good way of building up the quad muscles after surgery. Sadly, I have frozen my membership for 3 months as it is not advisable to go there so that isn't going to happen. I have a small set of pedals which can use whilst sitting on the sofa, but they do not seem to be the same.
We do have an old, creaky static bike in the garage so I think that I will have to go and try ride it, but as it is so cold at the moment I will have to put several layers on.
Looks as if my DocSpot appointment will be cancelled as well.

Give yourself time and your quad muscle will strengthen over time, there’s really no need to go sit in a cold garage to work on it. And depending on the temperature, your knee might not like being cold. (Mine still doesn’t like it and I’m 3 years post op!)

At less than 2 months post op you still have lots of healing to do, and it will happen, in time.

Could you find somewhere indoors to put that old bike? I'm hoping that we are still going to be allowed out to walk with the current situation. It worries me if we are forced to stay indoors, but with public spaces inundated with everyone trying to get some exercise and fresh air it's becoming more difficult to keep physical distance from people.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• mendogal
    Staff member since November 10, 2023
  • Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018
  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member