Guest viewing is limited

Surgery is Tuesday (12/16) and now I have a cold!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi @fiberlady - thought I would pop in and say HI! A week today it will all finally be over and you'll have a second new knee. The time will fly despite the delays. I hope your knee is behaving itself and giving you some peace and rest.

How are the warps coming? I noticed you had a thread on kneeling - did you ever try it with your other knee? It's something I've wondered about for doing tie-ups under the loom.
 
@Threads I actually started to count down the days, it cannot come to soon. The nights are getting rougher, sleep is hard to come by, I take it as I can get it. It has been three weeks now that I have been without my arthritis medication and not only is the knee throbbing, but so is every other joint in my body. I just finished winding the 3 warps I wanted to get done, I have a horizontal warping reel and as it was coming around I smacked my knee a good one, now it has a lovely bruise. I like using this one because I can sit to make the warps.

Yes I have knelt on the new knee, it takes some getting used to, I kneel on a pillow and it seems a lot better now than it did a few months ago. I had to get down to redo the tie ups about a month ago, I have a hard enough time kneeling on the bad knee, let alone the new knee and getting back up has always been, well let's just say it isn't pretty. I was able to do pretty good, so I am hoping in a year's time I will be getting better at it.

It depends on your surgeon's point of view whether or not they give you the go ahead to kneel. When I was working three co-workers had their knees done before me and two were told not to kneel at all. My surgeon said I had no precautions at all and to go ahead and kneel. I guess you will just have to give it a try. I have a very soft fluffy throw pillow I picked up from Ikea that I kneel on, plus I use one of those garden benches that you kneel and can flip over to sit on, I use that to get down and then put myself back on it to help myself get back up. I love using that when I go to workshops as I also use it as my bench for my baby wolf and I found the right size pillow to go on it from ikea and it works great for me.

Only 6 more sleeps to the new knee. :happydance:

Cindy
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom