Guest viewing is limited

Surgery is Tuesday (12/16) and now I have a cold!

Status
Not open for further replies.
@fiberlady
Glad your surgery is rescheduled. In the grand scheme of things, a two week delay isn't too bad. Wrap yourself in bubble wrap for the next couple of weeks!
 
@cinrey thanks, now I actually have nothing to do, gifts have been bought, wrapped and delivered. Cards are written out and mailed and I have cookies in the freezer for guests that were planning on visiting. Ha, it is time to get out all the movies and watch tv until the surgery.
 
@treypops that is exactly what I am planning on doing. There is a family gathering on Saturday which I was going to miss anyways, I am not attending. I am staying home and enjoy the holiday with just my husband, who is coming down with a cold. The poor guy has been such a trooper.
 
@fiberlady - thank goodness you have a date and it's in 2014! There is something physiological about being able to not have to have to wait (after everthing you've gone through) over the hump into next year. Take care of yourself and try not to overdo it. Let everyone look after you. I hope your knee gives you a Christmas present of behaving itself. :)
 
@Threads Thanks, it is good to know that I do have a date, and this BETTER be the one!!!! This has been an ordeal. I plan on taking it very easy these next two weeks. I have a sweater I have wanted to knit, I think I will drag that out and start, do some spinning, and get another warp on my loom. I wish my knee got the message to take it easy, it locked up on me last night and the pain was unbelievable.

Hope you are doing well!
 
I hated when my knee locked! You just tell it an evil spinner from north of the border is keeping an eye on it and it "must" behave until the 29th!!!

We'll move my table loom and stand into the dining room, to put the tree up. I wanted to put on a stash reducing tea towel warp prior to surgery, maybe if I can stay awake long enough, I can get it on over the holidays. I'm going to be like you and take it easy. I want to get another pair of toe up, magic loop socks started. I have some gorgeous merino/silk fingering weight yarn, just waiting to be cast on. I want to make sure my brain is fully engaged before I do that though!

Try to enjoy your additional "found" time and let everyone spoil you!
 
@cinrey so very true I had to be reminded of that, thank you. I have decided to make the most of the situation and hubby and I planned our Christmas dinner tonight and decided that this will work out so much better for us.

Things do happen for a reason!

@Threads I will definetly tell that knee it better behave as it is swollen and hurts like the dickens. I don't think it ever got as bad as it did last night. I am itching to put a Rep weave warp on my table loom. I just might tackle that in the next few days. My cold is getting better (of course) and I am seeing things in a brand new light. Do take care of yourself now that you are home and don't push it.
 
Well we know you won't be out dancing this New Year's Eve.
But next New Year's Eve, watch out cuz here you come!

:reindeer:
 
Take care of yourself and get over the cold. I'm glad you don't have to wait too much longer.
 
Glad you don't have to wait too long for the re-scheduled surgery. The waiting is the hardest part. I think you're wise to stay away from most people....there is so much going around! Hang in there!


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart®
 
I wish you well with this new date, hopefully everything will work out this time.
 
Hey, if you have some spare time you could come to my house and do my Christmas decorating. I haven't even started!!!! :rotfl:
 
Hi @fiberlady I stopped in tonight to visit you to see how you are doing and so sorry to see that your surgery date has been changed . How are you feeling hope your cold is getting better and hard to wait but then reading you might be on the 22nd and we would be going together that day but knowing you will be happy to get your surgery all taken care of. Hope your wait goes fast know how hard it is trying to get around but wishing you the best. My surgery date is Monday this next week and you will just be a few days later. Sorry you are not feeling well and hoping you feel better quick and just a few days past Christmas you will be all set and then looking forward to having a strong knee that will help you get places that have been harder to get to with your knee and wishing you all of the best . Thinking of you and all of the best I will not be writing till I get home from the hospital and then will visit you again. Holly
 
Ended up going to my GP he put me on antibiotics and said I should be just fine for the surgery on the 29th. I have been making the most of my time doing some things around the house that I have put off, and catching up on some volunteer computer work.

@lavender good luck to you on Monday. Will check in on your posts when you return home. Hope you get to be home for Christmas.
 
Hi @fiberlady :santawave: Nice that you saw your doctor and he has given you antibiotics this should help you being ready for the 29th of December . Knowing how much you are waiting for your surgery and hoping this will be the last change in date must be frustrating for you but you are almost there. Wishing you all the best and just waiting for a few more days for my surgery.:santa gifts::tree::kittychris:

I will not be writing till I come home as taking a laptop would be too difficult to the hospital and would have no where to put it. But will keep in touch when I come home. Wishing you a lovely day and will be back to write before my surgery day and thanks for all of your kind wishes . Wishing you all the best and your surgery day now is not far away just a little ways around the corner. All the best for you Holly:GB house::santaclap::chrissy grin:
 
Thanks @fiberlady . Went to the movies today and saw the Hobbit movie such a nice way to spend some time relaxing theatre not as busy for the first show at 3pm so a little bit of room to put my coat on seat beside me. Saved our airmiles so getting into the show was paid for by the air miles gift card. Enough left so my husband add a bit of money bought us popcorn, diet pop, and free gift bag of skittles. Skittles have sugar but not to worry as my husband said just enjoy them so having a few at a time boy forgot how good they are. Nice day .

This movie was the third in the Hobbit triology and think I enjoyed this one the best of the Hobbit movies the first three. Not sure what we have planned tomorrow my husband keeps telling me to sit down and take it slow so maybe doing some cross stitch and think he is planning on us going for our breakfast will be the last time for a while and wanting to see our friends at our favorite restaurant before surgery and then waiting till I start driving again. Hope your knee is not making things too painful for you and sure your knee and you will both be happy to have your surgery and making the walking so much more enjoyable for you. All the best wishes for you Holly
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom