Surgery and Diabetes

Status
Not open for further replies.
@sleenie I am a diabetic diagnosed back in 2012. I had my right hip done in Feb and my sugars never got too far from normal as long as I took my med I am on. I know everyone is different but mine did really well. So going into the knee in August I am not too worried about my blood sugars. I take Glyburide 5mg once a day. Good luck to you!!
 
@mystikfairy61 I did great. My readings were great the whole time after surgery and never got out of whack. Just had my 2nd A1C done in early July and it was 5.2. But it's continued to eat properly also.
 
@sleenie That's me as well, my last A1C was 6.3 which I was pleased about. It has remained good throughout my 5 months of hip recovery so far and I don't expect it to be any problem during my knee next month.
 
Glad to hear you are all doing well. I had both of my knees done 8 weeks apart. Type 1 insulin dependent , had know problems with diabetes or healing.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom