Guest viewing is limited

THR SuperPath RTHR - done deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Congrats on having both surgeries behind you! I remember after my second THR, I was so overjoyed that I could say, "It is done!" :-)

Praying you have a very easy and swift recovery!
 
Day 3 postop. Thanks for all the encouragement and well wishes. I'm so ready to go do things. I know I have my recovery ahead but it's such a relief to know that the pain I feel today is going to go away. Interesting note on my surgeons recovery protocol; with my prior hip the goal was to be able to walk a mile after 7 days. Looks like he changed his protocol and the first week is the few easy exercises that we all do and lots of rest. I thought it was noteworthy. Follow up appointment is Tuesday, 9/20. I have some decent pain going on but it's very manageable.
 
with my prior hip the goal was to be able to walk a mile after 7 days
:yikes: That's just plain crazy! So glad your OS is taking a slow and steady approach now. It really does work.

Happy healing!
 
Good to know on the protocol change. I also thought the a mile by day 7 was a bit much. LOL
Take it easy and do the lots of resting . :)
 
Day 7. Had my follow up appointment yesterday. They took off the bandage and everything looks good. My sleep has been much better this time around. I'm not experiencing any muscle soreness outside of the incision area which is a awesome. I have no need for the walker or cane around the house now. PT starts on Monday.
 
Day 15. This past Sunday I started to experience some new pain that comes and goes. Feels more like nerves and runs down the inside of my left thigh area. It's a sharp pain and really limits my ability to move around when it pops up. Oh well, still doing better at this point compared to my last hip. I've had two rounds of PT this week and everything seems to be working and my range of motion is very good. Just keeping myself updated and sharing for those out there that are interested.
 
Day 21. Three weeks today. I'm no longer using my cane!. Still sore at times but I just don't need it anymore. I do get tired after walking around the neighborhood but that's to be expected. I'm doing yard work with minimal issues. Life is good. It still surprises me that when I get off the couch it's so damn easy to do. Sounds stupid I know but for a couple years the act of getting off the couch has been painful.
 
@doubledip Glad to read things are going good. Are you still having the zinging nerve pain? I heard that magnesium can help with that.
I totally understand the comment about getting up from the couch. I struggle with that daily atm. Soon it will be easy again! :)
 
You two - double dip and tweedy bird - SSHHHHH! About that getting up from the couch thing.....I've just about convinced hubby to agree to a new sofa for our family room down south!!! Our present one is a butter yellow leather but has always taken three bounces to get up from.....and I think he's feeling sorry for me....a www. So....much to my surprise, shopping for furniture at three stores didn't wear me out totally! Which, of course lead to perhaps two different chairs as well.....each of which sits higher and firmer....and far more comfortable. So you see....there ARE added benefits to this surgical process!
 
@Tweetybrd I've been lazy about getting on here but to answer your question the nerve pain has diminished on its own. I'm back to work tomorrow after 4 1/2 weeks. I still have pain but its not nerve type pain it's more in my knees and my most recently operated on hip. It's not debilitating pain by any stretch, but as I have been walking more each day (in preparation for going back to the office) I do have aches. I suspect by next month my body will be used to my new gait and most of these aches are in my rear view mirror.
 
@doubledip Sorry! I totally forgot to respond.:blush:
Glad you are doing well. How did going back to work go?
I just hit the 90 day count down over the weekend, so just waiting still. LOL Doesn't look like I will get in early, but that is ok. :)
 
@Tweetybrd No worries about the response. Work has been doable but my newest hip aches more since I've gone back to work. Pretty sure it's all the additional movement and lack of strength in my glute. I had a follow-up with Chow today and everything looks good so it's just a matter of time before the aches and pains go away.
 
@doubledip Great to hear all is good. Hopefully the aches and pains go away for you soon. Now you just have to concentrate on getting good rest and building up those muscles again. :)

Forgot to ask if you are doing PT?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom