Hip Infection* Sudden pain 2 1/2 years after hip revision

Hi,
I hope you had a peaceful weekend and are feeling better.
I know you had a rough time last week.
Prayers this week is a better one. :prayer:
@Whoknew

@Whoknew I hope things are getting a little better for you,things have been so difficult for you, breathe deeply and i so hope for a happier week for you. Hugsxxx

Thank you. Yes this past week was a tough one between mental meltdowns and pain. It’s a new week, I see both my infectious disease dr and my surgeon for follow up appointments. Hopefully All is ok. Heck at least it gets me out of the house for the first time since the hospital. Haven’t been able to put any weight back on so bit the bullet and ordered some new clothes which will hopefully let me feel better about the way I’m looking lol.

@Whoknew , that seems a good plan and im sure having new things will help you, remember you are special. What did we do before the internet it is truly wonderful for us. Hugsxx

Hope you feel a tad better in your new clothes for your appointments this week.
Let us know how it goes. Hope your week is a peaceful one.
@Whoknew

Hugs back! While they haven’t gotten here yet, new clothes are indeed fun. Spent the morning weeding through clothes I have and tossing old and worn things out so felt somewhat productive. Have office work (we run the business from a home office, being landlords) and medical bills to deal with but couldn’t face it today. Pain due to bad weather (gotta love the built in barometers huh)? Tomorrow is another day.

I know it has been a really tough month for you, and I'm hoping that your appointment is affirming and that things will be positive.
We are rooting for you
A flower for you!:flwrysmile:

"Built in Barometers" that's a good one...love it!
Hope today is a good one for you. There is something to be said for staying busy.
Can relate to the landlord thing...fun times...NOT!
@Whoknew

Lol yep being a landlord is SO much fun...not!! Although it does make for great stories over drinks lol. Went to ID doctor today. Looks like another couple weeks on the antibiotics and then surgery time again. Keeping fingers crossed!!!

Lmao. Just realized my thread says reovery thread...sounds like a different kind of operation! Saw OS today and news is I finish antibiotics on the 24th this month and by same time next month should either be getting a THR or another spacer

@Whoknew So sorry you're going through this. I can relate. I did use my pain medication, mainly at bedtime, most of the time I had the spacer. During the day, it wasn't too bad. Sending lots of prayers your way.

Hang in there. I know this is tough. I hope the end is in sight soon.
Wishing you comfort and a peaceful weekend.
@Whoknew

Hi there, :wave:
Wondering how your week is going so far?
Hopefully better than the last.
Leave us an update when you feel up to it. We'll be here.
Wishing you comfort.
@Whoknew

:hi:Sending Good Mojo your way and hoping you are having a better week, along with Layla!
Hang in there!:flwrysmile:

Thanks Layla and Mojo. It is a better week so far...yay. Have finished two of the antibiotics and finish the last on Monday. Hopefully then they will pull the PICC line and I’m on the homestretch for surgery October 23rd. Finally figured out it is my picc that’s giving me odd sensation in chest after I use my walker...duh! Asked my nurse and also looked online and evidently that’s common as it’s placed so close to heart. Keeping fingers crossed all goes well

:fingersx::fingersx: Double fingers crossed for you. Almost just ONE month.

Hi there :hi:
We haven't heard from you in a bit. Wondering how things are going for you?
I'm hoping the PICC line was removed and you're still on schedule for the 23rd.
Let us know, we're here for you. We care :)
Hugs and warm wishes for comfort and a peaceful week.
@Whoknew

@Layla yes they did remove the picc so I’ve been racing around the house in my wheelchair being able to use two arms lol. My aide and I played hooky one day and did the mall. Was so nice to be out among people and have fun! That’s been in way too short supply. Still on for the 23rd pending clearances from doctors, bloodwork etc. my CRP and sedimentation rates were normal range..yay! Hoping they remain as good after being off antibiotics for a week! Having a bit of a tough day as cabin fever is getting the better of me. Trying to just accept it but darn it gets tough. Youngest daughter is up til this evening and had hoped to spend day w her but she’s off on a hike w her best friend. Guess I should see that as a positive as she’s been so worried she hadn’t be going out when she was up

Only real issues are tummy still not calmed down from the antibiotics even though off a week. Also the leg I have to carry my full weight on when walking is my “bad” one from being hit by a car 6 years ago. Broke both heel bones in that and that particular leg I have to get shots in every six months to control pain so I can put off ankle fusion as long as possible. Of course I’m due for my shot and it’s all swollen and painful as it tends to get. Afraid to schedule shot as it’s into a joint and is risk of infection so darned if I do or not! Issue is if I don’t get shot soon pain will become really bad and I won’t be able to put full weight on it and it’s unstable like that. When it rains it pours lol

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
IceWalker
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom