Hip Infection* Sudden pain 2 1/2 years after hip revision

@Whoknew You sound to be having a really grotty time and unfortunately I know just how you feel. It is better you are in hospital where all the treatments are available and someone is watching over you. In fact in can be quite a relief to let someone else do the worrying.

I am still having IVs and my infection has now been a year coming and going in and out of hospital, but trying to go forward and realize there is a way and you must stay positive.

Actually i was reading Josephine's remarks regarding infection today and thought yes, just get on with life , and accept these infections are absolutely BS but we need to keep going and smile often. Love and hugs and hope the pain is easier xxx
 
@clodaghcov wow that’s so long to be dealing that I feel silly complaining! I think the most frustrating thing is my hip actually seems to be doing well for where I’m at. What the radiologist thought was a fracture was in fact a two part spacer. Sigh. It’s the fever of unknown origin alongside it that no one can figure out despite soooooo many tests. Poor girl from the hospital’s lab came too my room for second time in two hours and I just broke down crying! My veins are so bruised and sore from all the blood being taken
 
Whoknew, you can come here and complain all you want. You've had a rough ordeal, and so far you're not seeing how you're going to get beyond it and return to a normal life. You have plenty to vent over. We've seen lots of people come through here with infections, and even though it can take a while, people do recover and reclaim their lives. We'll help with knowledge and explanations and advice where we can, but we all know that medicine is still very much a work-in-progress. When we can't help, we can listen and give consolation.

Is it the plan to actually have a THR when you get past the infection?
 
I feel your pain about the blood work. I had intense shoulder pain and then a fever of 101. The did a mri of my spine and put me in the hospital with a "suspected infection". 3 days later with intermittant fevers, but my CRP went down steadily, I was discharged with no infection!!! It was frustrating to have blood drawn twice a day!! My hands are still all black and blue.
 
Thinking of you this morning...
Wondering how you're doing?
I hope your fever has dissipated. Leave us an update when you feel up to it.
We're here for you....we care. :console2:
@Whoknew
 
Been a heck of a week. Ended back in the hospital with my bone marrow not functioning and doctors not sure if it was the antibiotics or leukemia! Had lost 10 lbs in a week from upset stomach and nausea as well. After 6 days of infectious disease doctors taking me off all antibiotics, and oncologist watching my blood count like a hawk it was determined it was the antibiotics shutting down my bone marrow. Phew. So now on three different antibiotics which give me a rash and again upset stomach. Joy joy. Back home for now. To add to everything I noticed thAt a bottle of pain pills that had been half full before I went to hospitAl was empty and the bottle left there. Had to hide what few I have left as I do still need on occasion Lthough trying to just use Tylenol. Anyone else still needing pain meds 3 weeks Post surgery w spacer or am I a wuss?
 
@sharonslp, yes the idea is to have a THR when infection is cleared up. @skigirl..oh honey I feel for you w the bruises! They try to be gentle but ouch. I remember the girl from the lab coming in for the second time one day and I just burst into tears! I don’t think I’ve cried this much in my life as since this has happened. I’ve been hit by a car and spent 8 months in a wheelchair and had my chest crushed by a drunk driver hitting us head on and never was i this emotional. Ugggg
 
Well, you've had a really rough time. I'm sorry. Something's gotta give here.
I hope things start looking up. I wish you a week of peace.
@Whoknew
 
If you know who took your pain meds and they live with you, throw them out and change the locks. That’s horrible. Feel better.
 
I have to agree that if someone took your pain meds knowing you just had surgery, you don't need them in your life! I actually think it is okay to be emotional---why do we have to keep a stiff upper lip after all!!! That no cry stuff is for the birds, I am very emotional and after crying a boatload of tears after my husband's death, I cry over every little thing now!!
 
@Whoknew Poor you what a time you are having, lets just hope these antibiotics help you along. The pain and discomfort from a spacer can be relentless my spacer of the 3rd time has always meant i am on regular painkillers and im sure most people say the same, at 9 weeks with this spacer its very up and down, but always there so dont worry about that. At the moment i would just dismiss the pill situation and concentrate on yourself no point in having issues just now. Big hugs and do hope for better newsxx
 
Prayers that time begin to get better.:praying:
I think the pain meds are needed and NO you aren't a wuss!
You've been through so much...the mental stuff is harder than the physical sometimes.
Sorry you are in the hospital but glad they are getting it sorted.
Know that we are thinking of you...hope today is a better day!:console2:
 
Thank you all for the support. It’s nice to have someone who gets it to talk to about this stuff. Most of the time I’m able to deal w Tylenol but some days the pain gets rough and Tylenol alone isn’t enough . Skigirl so sorry to hear you lost your husband! Big hugs and cry away.
 
Clodaghcov I can’t even imagine going through this three times! Poor you!!! I’ve read here that the spacers cause more pain than the regular THR but geez.
 
Hope today is a good one :yes:
Here's a flower for you :flwrysmile:
Hugs
@Whoknew
 
Ty for the flower and hugs. Need them today! Between being disgustingly ill from the antibiotics and a migraine I could just cry
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom