THR Still struggling<

:hi:I'm glad you are feeling better and hope that all continues to improve.
I had several ODIC episodes as it is hard to find the lines of how much is enough and what is too early.
Two months is still early days but this recovery dance , one step forward and two steps back it seems at times, is well worth the payoff.
Hope today is a chill day!:ice:
 
@fanny23 I think the nurse, Josephine recommends Tylenol & Paracetamol rather than Ibuprofen & Paracetamol for pain control. I also met with my doctor this week for pain management and the thinking there is to retain a bit of codeine. I wasn't discharged with it but really noticed a difference when it was introduced.
 
I just had an image of all us hippies sitting round together on ice packs ...[emoji23][emoji23]

So far removed from the 1960’s /70’s when we were sitting on the grass with flowers in our hair & cowbells round our necks (well I was anyway...[emoji23][emoji23])How life changes!!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
I was under the impression that paracetamol and Tylenol (acetaminophen) are the same. Is that correct? :chinstroke:
Oh boy! Do I have them confused? We don't really see Paracetamol here. I've looked for that chart Josephine did with no luck. I need to learn to shut up!!!!
PLEASE ignore my advice @fanny23 until someone with a brain chimes in! Sorry :doh:
 
Haha, Carrie. We don't have it either. Had never heard of it until BS. And your brain is fine!
 
I just had an image of all us hippies sitting round together on ice packs ...[emoji23][emoji23]

So far removed from the 1960’s /70’s when we were sitting on the grass with flowers in our hair & cowbells round our necks (well I was anyway...[emoji23][emoji23])How life changes!!

As I remember, even then, the conversation was often about which drug and how much, so maybe things haven't changed so much!
 
Hope someone can give me some advice! I am still in considerable pain 14+ weeks after my op.

I was making, I thought, reasonable progress until 3 weeks ago when I collapsed at home and was in hospital for 12 days. The collapse was thought to be due to postural hypotension, possibly also the mix of painkillers I had been taking (paracetamol, tramadol and amitryptaline).

I was unable to do any exercise when in hospital and found that I had become very stiff once I came home. I now have cramping in my gluts, thighs and calves, plus a numb bum.

The pain has woken me during the night and the only relief is when my husband gives my legs a massage. Has any one else experienced this? Is it all part of the 'healing process' ?
 
I do hope so! I have just been 'marching' around the kitchen and both legs are now having a moan.
 
@fanny23 I'm so sorry to hear about your set back in the hospital. Hopefully your back on the mend. Please reconsider the marches! :no-fin: And if you're doing PT, please read the Recovery Guidelines that Bonesmart recommends. Walking is the best PT for your hip. Since you've been in the hospital for 3 weeks, you may have to start with short walks and build the walk back up as you feel better. Are you elevating and using ice packs for your hip and leg when you rest? The ice may help with your cramping but you need to leave it on 40 to 60 minutes several times a day. Perhaps some fellow hipsters will have other suggestions for you. Wishing you comfort and rest! :flwrysmile:
 
Thank you for your support!i I have just walked around our garden with one stick, and have spoken to myself severely about standing upright and going heel-toe. Am now on the sofa - again. My husband is recovering my exercise bike from our son this morning so I will start to use that this afternoon .I am finding it difficult as the pain is chronic and my muscles seem to have contracted so if I am not careful I move around with bent knees. Any suggestions to help me through this would be most welcome.
 
Good Morning :wave:
I am so sorry to read about what you've been through. I think a check in with the forum nurse @Josephine may be beneficial for you. Hopefully she can advise next steps for you since you dealt with a lengthy hospital stay. It sounds like you may need to slowly rebuild strength. I'll bet you're feeling exhausted suffering chronic pain as you are. I will look forward to her response. Please check back as she'll probably have some questions for you.
Hugs and wishes for your comfort and brighter days :console2:
@fanny23
 
Thank you Layla. Healing seems to be taking a very long time - though having read some other threads it seems as if I am in good company. I must admit I tend to steer clear of those doing wonderful things after only 6 weeks or so! I took heart from one of my fellow inmates on the ward where I was recently due to bp issues. She has had both hips replaced and says she doesn't even think about them any more, she walked straight and just lived life normally. Roll on!
 
She has had both hips replaced and says she doesn't even think about them any more, she walked straight and just lived life normally
Same thing happened to me!

Keep the faith @fanny23
Hope you have a good day!
 
@fanny23 can you show me where you get this pain using this chart?
You need to tell me the square(s) where you get it using the references across the top and down the sides of the picture. The smaller image gives you an example.

[Bonesmart.org] Still struggling<
 
Hi Josephine. The pain does move around, today's version is SL3B and R3B, X R3F and L3F.

In addition both calf muscles are very stiff.

I woke up at 2am in bits, my husband massaged both legs but said the muscles seemed smooth, he couldn't find the knots as he did yesterday, though my glutes seemed sore.

I would really appreciate your expertise on this. Am I sitting on my bum too much? I do walk around the house/garden using one stick regularly as I find it uncomfortable sitting and am aware that I need to keep moving.

Having just read threads from other folks, I think others have far more to cope with than I do, and do take heart from their positivity. This site has been so valuable and is keeping me sane.

Thank you!

PS Sorry Josephine, main problem on walking is that the muscles in both legs seem to have shortened! If I am not careful, I gradually shrink down like the hunchback of Notre Dame.
 
Yes, leg pain spreads from groin down, then down calf muscle in both legs.
Thanks for looking at this Josephine
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom