Have you got any way of building up your arm strength? My husband made me do some work in the gym to build up my muscles and it made a real difference in being able to shift myself about in bed and supporting myself on sticks.
@Zelda thank you for your support. I am doing exercises now to aid in my weight loss. I use some weights when doing that. Also, I'm dragging myself in and out of my recliner and my bed now. I'm hoping that is helping to build some muscle too.
So happy you have found a suitable surgeon and he's ready to go forward! Sounds much more suitable and professional and I'm glad they were able to fit you in on the same day to see him!
Hopefully you find out soon and can start moving around more comfortably! I can't recall from your earlier posts- do you need both hips done? Did he recommend bilateral or doing them separately?
Candice, 29 yo. Rheumatoid Arthritis. Australia. Sequential unilateral THR June 1st 2016 and July 13th 2016
@Jaycey thanks. I'm glad we found someone that understands I just can't go on like this. I will post as soon as they set my date.
@dandy_candi thank you for your support. I just need my right hip done. I've had so many ask me if I had any kind of accident or trama to my right hip because it's so bad and my left hip is fine. I have never had anything like that so I don't know why it's that way. The only thing I can think of is because I'm right handed and tend to lead off with my right side. Also since I have been overweight for a long time I climb the stairs using basically my right side to do all the lifting with one foot at a time kind of thing.
Of course it will be easier on you if your bmi is lower; however, my sister-in-law's bmi is at least 54 and she has successfully had both knees redone without any marked difficult.
I finally realized why the surgeon had me lose 100 lbs before surgery. I have had alot of swelling and fluid build up so bad it looks like i have a 3rd hip. When i saw him he pointed out to me how much fat they had to get through and so that is why i have these issues. I get it now. I am hoping all is going well with you
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.