THR Status on June 8 Right Total Hip Replacement

Gosh, great news you are doing so well but can't help but worry about you.Hope your work doesn't require alot of physical activity. Since you are going to get your other done next week, I would think this one could use all the rest you can give it.
Truly want your recoveries to go well...
 
All good news. Don't push it to hard at work.its good you have a weekend off before your next hip upgrade. Now you know what to expect.
 
It was strange going back to work. I am an IT guy and this was the longest I have been away from work in over 30 years. I was in a haze - mostly glad I remembered all my log in accounts. 600+ emails to start reviewing and deleting. Even though I work in a large office area, most of my team is spread across the country so not too much personal 'happy to see you back' conversations - but a few people stopped by to check up on me. I did not use a cane which was a major milestone. It was hard sitting so much so I did get up every hour or so to do a loop around the office. Also I went to a Texas Rangers baseball game last night which was a milestone of sorts....also w/o a cane!!! This is a very short recovery/work time as I start the new leave on Monday for the left hip replacement. I'll break the rules here and start a new thread for the left hip early next week. Wish me luck everyone. I keep hearing the second hip is easier because I know what to expect, but I have some anxiety building because I know what to expect. I will be putting new tennis balls on the walker this weekend to restart this recovery process.
 
I'll break the rules here and start a new thread for the left hip early next week.
Not breaking the rules at all. New hip/new thread. Just keep all your updates regarding that journey on that thread.

What is the date for your second surgery? I'll pop it into your signature for you.
 
The date for my left anterior THR is Monday, July 31. I just received confirmation everything is approved with insurance. I can't believe I am doing this all over again.
 
Signature updated. You will soon be a member of the double hippie club!
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom