Starting the SuperPath journey/Surgery scheduled!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome back @Dieter I'm glad you enjoyed your last hoorah for a while!!!!
 
It is good to have a spot of fun - it won't be long though (in the scheme of life) before you can enjoy those activities and much, much more - without the pain - good for you @Dieter
 
AWESOME!!! I'm almost ready for it too!!! Moved cow/calf pairs to pasture today....70 degrees and pretty nice, but we have rain coming soon. The time is counting down @Dieter excited for you to get it fixed. That pre op pain really sucks!!! We all know what you are going through.
 
Not long now @Dieter . Hope you are getting some rest after that business trip!
 
Great to have you back --- now, to counting down the days to the big hip-cation!
 
had my moment of panic last night...out in the yard trying to decide what to do next as I get ready to be laid up for a few weeks...I realized we don't have firewood put up for next winter (we heat with a woodstove), who is going to get the boys out of the kennel to run.... As I lay in bed, my irrational thought for the day "I can put this off a while longer and get so much done"! in the light of day I see how goofy I can be...T-minus 7 days and counting...
 
Next winter is a long way off -- look at @Plumberbutt's recovery. You'll have plenty of time to get your firewood for next winter -- besides you are on the SuperPATH - to recovery. Yea, those goofy panic middle of the night thought -- I actually kept my panic thoughts out of my head last night, both as I was falling asleep and at my 4 a.m. wake up! I could almost feel the panic creeping into my head and envisioned physically slamming door on'em! Yea, me!

Yea, you next week this time, we'll be hearing about the beginning of your recovery!
 
last day at work for a few weeks, that really seems strange. was going over details on a few projects that need to be followed closely yesterday with my Associate Director and she started to cry, she is more nervous than I am.... The last time I was away from work for 3 weeks was when we adopted our daughter from China...T-minus 4 days and counting
 
[Bonesmart.org] Starting the SuperPath journey/Surgery scheduled!
[Bonesmart.org] Starting the SuperPath journey/Surgery scheduled!
Funny, how we do carry on about having to be away from work. Your associate will do fine and so will you. I always remind people that if they died tomorrow the business would still go right on without them---unfortunately, we're really not what keeps the place running. And the two of you can always consult on the phone, if absolutely necessary.

Take care and keep us posted. We care.
[Bonesmart.org] Starting the SuperPath journey/Surgery scheduled!
 
I've told her for years "if I get hit by a bus tomorrow you'll be in charge, so you need to know how to do this" or " you do know where all my passwords are"...
 
Good luck buddy, I hope to be in hospital end of May. Going in to hospital for pre opp admission next week. Last time I did that I was in hospital with in 2 weeks for the operation.
 
You're getting so close now...
The calm will be right around the corner.
You will be back with the pack in no time.


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart®
 
Played what is likely my last basketball (5 on 5 full court anyway) yesterday, the few guys who know my situation were awesome, played with former NBA great Brent Price and had great fun, then last night volunteered at the local food co-op. moving very slow this AM. I have a long list of little things to do today, plus pack. We leave for Minneapolis in the morning. Pretty much ready for it to be over. Thank you BS friends for the uniquely perspective support, I do value it...T-minus 3 days...and counting
 
Packed, and pretty much ready to head to the airport, now the real SuperPath journey begins...T-two days...and counting
 
[Bonesmart.org] Starting the SuperPath journey/Surgery scheduled!
on your surgery tomorrow, @Dieter. Looking forward to your first post after surgery in your new thread in the recovery area.
 
All the best @Dieter ! We will all be here anxiously awaiting your updates.
 
We will be here for you @Dieter ! nice pic!
All the best tomorrow, looking forward to your first post....:SUNsmile:
 
Best of luck to you @Dieter ! I'll say a prayer for you. I'll be joining... also having THR on Tuesday!!!!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom