Guest viewing is limited

TKR So exhausted - is this normal?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brian! Uphill climbs! No! Oh never mind; misread.
Hey, you're doing great. Recovery's really 6 weeks of hell, 6 weeks of a lot of improvement and then for many if not most, getting back to real life. I'm at 3 months and while I don't have full stamina back, I've done two plane trips (the first one at 7-8 weeks, the second just now) and can walk and ride a bike. My new knee is now my good knee. Am I going to climb Everest anytime soon? No. But my leg no longer collapses on me and the pain's basically gone. It does stiffen up here and there -- from inactivity. Do something nice for yourself Sunday and/or make plans for an outing this spring. It DOES get better.
 
Thank you PDX! I have my 6 week visit with the surgeon this week. With God's good grace I will be allowed to fly north for Easter the next week.
 
Thank you PDX! I have my 6 week visit with the surgeon this week. With God's good grace I will be allowed to fly north for Easter the next week. Like you mentioned, still very tired...but better each week.
 
Like you mentioned, still very tired...but better each week.
It is sort of like climbing a ladder. You climb about four rungs, and then go down a run here or there. You are going to get better---in all kinds of ways. you will gain stamina, strength, ROM, etc. You are, though, going to have some good days and a few clunkers in there, too. Try to be patient and, as others have stated, recovery is something that just happens; it will come in its own time and on its own terms.

I am hoping that you are able to get on that plane!
 
Sounds like you're doing a bit better, brian. Hang in there, it does get better bit by bit.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom