PKR Snooz is a "Snoozin" Susan

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wasn't ever told to massage the scar. Your healing looks great in the pic, looks totally healed from the pics. I would think that if you are gentle, and only massage surface (not deep), you should be fine.
 
Well, I am not going back to work next week as planned. After careful consideration, talking with my husband, OS, and physical therapists, I have decided to take five to six weeks of leave to make sure I have time to heal and recover before going back. I appreciate those of you who shared your experiences and advise as I made this decision. I continue to see improvement and want this to be as successful as possible. Afraid I was on my feet too much today with family needs, so I have to regroup and slowly advance!
 
[Bonesmart.org] Snooz is a "Snoozin" Susan
@Snooz, what a great decision you've made for yourself. Work will always be there even if you aren't. Keeping your recovery moving in the right direction is the most important thing for you right now. And it's great to know that you are supported in your decision by your hubby, OS, and PT.

Take care and keep us posted. We care.
 
@Snooz,
You are making the right decision. I was talking to a friend yesterday, and a colleague of hers went back after hip replacement while still on crutches, and is having on going problems because of rushing her return to work.
:friends:
 
Doing a little happy dance tonight!!:dancy: Great PT session today with almost 0 on extension after therapy and 115 bend. With Rom improving like this, he is going to add more strength training so I can begin to work on building more stamina and endurance with walking and standing. So grateful for a surgeon and PT that work closely together to make sure I am moving forward without overdoing. Now to make sure I do my part and rest, ice, and elevate so all this continues to go well!
 
That is great news! I so glad you have such a helpful and supportive medical team behind you.
 
Excellent!! You are doing very well!
 
What is the true goal for flexion after knee replacement? I am two months post op and I am at 118 flexion now.
 
That's plenty of ROM. More ROM will be a bonus. I have 130 with out trying. Over time it may increase.


Sent from my iPod touch using BoneSmart®
 
Whew, it has been a while since I have posted! I am twelve weeks post-op and doing well. No pain in the replacement knee, just a bit of stiffness after lots of activity or weather changes. I went back to work mid-week, and I was exhausted by Friday evening, LOL! The only issue is swelling of the ankles and feet after working all day. It was rare to nonexistent while I was out of work, so I assume it is from being on my feet most of thee day combined with the blood pressure meds I take. Any suggestions on how to deal with this?
 
I know some people get more but my surgeon said the aim was 130 but that not everyone achieves it. I've not been measured for about 18 months, it was about 125 then
 
@Snooz .... the swelling is just a fact of life for some people in recovery. It will be better when you're off your feet more - worse on those days you are up and about. For most people it works itself out with time. But it can take months or maybe even a year to totally disappear. You can try wearing some compression stockings when you're at work. That might help some.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom