THR Snickers has a brand new hip!!<

Just a question...if I bend too far, will I feel something before a dislocation or will it just pop out? Not that I'm going to do any thing stupid....just asking. Ok....maybe a little stupid...trying to reach to tie my shoes.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Ok....figured it out and got it done!!! Freedom is right around the corner!
auploads.tapatalk_cdn.com_20171018_bd12af8b17d0cb967f3d5ac88257ca61.jpg

Awesome getting those socks and shoes on is a real turning point @snickers
I get those sharp zingers also out of nowhere. I figure it's just a friendly reminder.

Not only socks and shoes....but I went for a drive...sssshhhhh don't tell my OS! That pain I had in the groin area just went away and didn't hurt there at all yesterday.

Shoes and socks can be tricky. What I did was sit and then bend forward with your hands on either side of your leg. If needed, I brought the foot up slightly to be able to reach and put on a sock. Do this very gradually as you are probably not as flexible as you need to be yet. Pretty soon you will just be able to bend forward all the way. Please take care if you have not been released from any restrictions. Still early days for you!

I haven't been released but not in my nature to wait....it just feels really strong and stable. I will be careful, but still gonna push.

Went to my daughter's this weekend....helped texture and paint interior of her house..now I'm really stiff and sore....i think too much twisting motion. Dang!!!! I think I just joined the ODIC....ice and Tylenol......need to slow down a bit.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Sends hugs to you.... Snickers no bending past about your waist till your doctor sez it's part of that 90 degree rule. Ditto twisting not to nag you but when we reach and twist to the side you can...not will...but... CAN dislocate your hip my doc told me... I gotta go a full 12 weeks. I am proud you helped your daughter and all but don't lose all the work on your hip.

Also beware a few people are telling tall tales not many of us can do what they can.

Hugs

I waited on painting until around 7 months and still found ladder uncomfortable. I made myself slow down on the jobs--forced myself to take more breaks, etc. I also find it helpful to think through how I approach some jobs. My pt told me early on I can do almost anything-I may just do some of it differently. Rest up!

:ice:been there, done that...ODIC that is.
Hope you let those hips take a mini pause this week.
Hope you feel better.

Ok....cold weather has arrived....got the hot tub filled. I will be 6 weeks post op Monday. Question is when can I get in?

No ask your OS office but most tell you not to be totally submersed ..but you can call

Hi @snickers
Just because you asked....
My OS stressed no baths, hot tubs, pools, lakes etc until 3 months post op.
I'd definitely call the office of your OS and check on their recommendations.
Sorry to sound like a party pooper....just don't want you getting an infection and suffering a setback.
Wishing you a great weekend!

Yes, Snickers. Sounds like a hurry up and wait.
Never been in a hot tub, besides my regular tub with hot water.
Don't know why.
My legs say, yeah, why?
Sounds wonderful about now.
I didn't soak in my pond until close to 10 weeks and not a lot.

Well....darn it!! I was looking forward to a good soak.... I see my OS Tuesday, I will ask them. Thank you folks.

You have the patience of a gnat, don't you Snickers. I bet you drive your wife crazy.
I am the same. Missed it on many boat rides to the coast, and so much this summer.
But NEXT year, look out.

You have the patience of a gnat, don't you Snickers. I bet you drive your wife crazy.
I am the same. Missed it on many boat rides to the coast, and so much this summer.
But NEXT year, look out.
Yes..... I don't have a lot of patience when it comes to my health... and yes my wife tells me the same. Just want to be back to normal.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Dcytpoti
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom