Sleeping for England

I only got 1 grabber when I left hospital (both hips). I bought 2 other grabbers, a sock aid, a long handled shoe horn and a long handled scrub brush for showering.
 
Interesting, no grabbers given by hospital in US that I know of.
Tomgirl, don't forget comfy underwear:heehee:
 
What approach will be they doing? I had anterior so I got some high cut undies that were a size bigger and stretchy. They stayed off my incisions and I could pull them up over without raking over those wounds. I actually wore pajama type loose cotton boxers around house for first weeks...but dresses were easier for me so if I got out I needed real undies. I lost some more weight post op so don't wear them anymore so glad I got pretty inexpensive 5 pack. Zauberflote swears by boy shorts...so depends on individual.
Heehee, the first week I had to call hubby if slipped to floor during trips to bathroom so I had a telescopic backscratcher with little hand shaped end that I left in bathroom in case I "lost" my drawers I could pull up myself. Need to save a little pride...
 
Big undies it will be then, will go very nice with hairy legs - I was informed by nurse on tuesday not to remove hair by shaving or any other method. Good job we still have sense of humour.
 
Yes, you have to have sense of humor....pretty unsavory start although I've got to say for the first week after I could care less if I had granny panties and could braid the hair on my legs. Thank God for pain meds and realizing that it's worth all the blows to my ego...potty chairs, walkers, bedhead...lots to look forward to.
Now, I'm standing straight, tall, smooth legs, no hip pain, years younger feeling.
Take comfort.
 
@Tomgirl. Hope you were able to get through the night. Sometimes I was never so glad just to get up, exhausted or not.
Is your surgery Nov 7 or 15th like on your signature?
Won't be long now. You will be happy you have it done so you can get through recovery and back to your life.
Thinking of you...:friends:
 
@Mojo333 Surgery is Nov 15th......38 days to go. Same as Susan209 As for sleeping, I think I'm now just accepting it for what I get and when. If I can't sleep I don't , if I need to to nap I do. Last night slept very well so trying to be a domestic goddess today. I now seem to be looking at every room in the house (and office room) through 'post op eyes' with making them all easier for recovery stages. It is so good being able to read the post-op forums and get such useful tips and hints from those already there. Want to send a huge big thank you to them all. There's an amazing amount of info on BS. Must admit the posts about undies and visits to the loo make me laugh, but prepared for me NOT smiling when it's my turn! So looking forward to 2018.
 
I think if you are having your op via the NHS you get a pack provided that includes a sock aid, shoe horn and grabber. I had my surgery privately and had to buy everything including walking sticks.
 
I had both my hips via the NHS and only got one grabber. I think it depends on what area of the country and how much money the Trust has.
 
@Tomgirl Certainly bet you did a double take when they offered you the cancellation...I agree it would be hard to recover with unfinished business.
It is getting closer...will be glad when you can get rid of that hip pain.
 
thanks Mojo, yes I'm just trying to stay positive - 4 weeks tomorrow I could be home. Sleep is still all over the place but must be getting used to it.
 
It made me the craziest before my surgery. I didn't get sleep for more than two years. It was awful.
Warning. Terrible sleep schedule also very prevalent post op...but with lots of medicine induced naps I managed to heal up.
Proud to say I'm getting 6-8 hours, uninterrupted sleep for the first time in years...finally.
Yay for hip surgery.
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom