Guest viewing is limited

THR Sleep walker

Unexpected Pain. I am 5 weeks out, and last night for the first time I was woken up in the night by an acute pain in my hip. I have had very little pain day or night before that. I got out of bed and walked around for a while and it eventually went. Is this usual after all this time? It was quite frightening and I didn’t know what to do.
 
@2nd Hippy, I seem to be getting on top of my bladder problems. On Monday I saw a Consultant Urologist who diagnosed an inflamed bladder as he did when I had it after my knee replacement, and also sent me for a bladder and kidney scan. They then found out that my bladder is not emptying properly. I have to go back to the Consultant to get his opinion on the results. I don’t know what happens if your bladder isn’t emptying fully. However the tablets he gave me seem to be working. I only got up twice last night. he gave me low dose antibiotics and a tablet to ease the inflammation and make it easier to go so that I don’t have to go again as soon.
 
Two things I would like to know,
!. Why can’t I open the Hip Recovery Guidelines any more?

2. When will I be able to get off an ordinary toilet? At the moment I can’t visit anyone or go anywhere unless I know there will be a disabled toilet.
 
Good Morning Jackie,
The timing for transitioning off a toilet riser varies from person to person. It depends on strength, balance and comfort. Listen to your body and follow your OS's guidance rather than rushing the process.

Why can’t I open the Hip Recovery Guidelines any more?
We're thankful you're a part of the community and your questions and support of others is part of what makes the BoneSmart experience so special. We have shifted to a subscription model and encouraging members to take their experience here to the next level. We appreciate and value your support as part of this community. For an enhanced experience here, we'd like to encourage you to join the Insiders Club which allows special perks above the basics, making the most of what BoneSmart has to offer. If you're interested, we'd love to have you join us!

Join Insiders Club

As a Basic BoneSmart Member, you ll have access to core features of the forum, but some areas and functions are reserved for upgraded memberships. For an enriched experience including the ability to start your own threads and engage in discussions with members and staff about your specific concerns we invite you to join the Insiders Club. Upgrading not only unlocks full access to all forum features, but also provides valuable services like assistance with locating a surgeon, helpful downloads, and entry to the BoneSmart Library filled with videos and in depth articles to support you on your joint replacement journey. Please join us!

Here is a link to check out basic membership vs Insider Club membership -> Become an Insider

I hope you have a nice Sunday and week ahead! :)
 
Layla gave you a good description of our new 2-tier membership program that launched on January 29th. We sent out a coupe of emails announcing the change, but perhaps you didn’t see them. You might want to make sure your email address is correct in your profile.

The quick answer to your question about viewing links like the articles in the Hip Recovery Guidelines is that they are articles in the BoneSmart Library. Access to the detailed information in the library is now part of our premium services. Click on the link to Become an Insider that Layla gave you and I hope you find a subscription options that suits you.
 
I am now showering with my husbands help. One problem is stopping me showering alone. I have a long handled sponge to do lower legs and feet, but how on earth do I dry them without breaking 90 degree rule, toes especially?
 
Well here's where we have to get very "creative."
My best friend was my long kitchen tongs. I'd take smaller towel (not the big bath towel) grab smaller towel with my tongs & sit on toilet seat & use tongs to dry my toes & feet.
Success!
It took me awhile to feel comfortable showering if my partner was not home & even if he was home my phone was always close by.
 
Hi @Majic Personally, I tend to air dry but I also find a bath sized towel held at the corners in each hand will reach the legs without bending, particularly if I'm sat down. Position it by flicking it down, then slowly pull up. Fluffy microfibre style towels tend to wick water off your feet just standing on them. You could maybe point a hair dryer towards your toes, a little like the effect of an air blower style hand dryer.
 
@Denni444. Thanks for the tips, I’ll try drying my legs as you suggest then go to the bedroom to dry my feet and toes.
 
@Jamie @Layla Many thanks for the details about membership, but can you give the prices in Pounds Sterling please. When I was on the site with my knee replacements, I tried to give a donation in £sterling and it proved impossible.
 
Hi Majic,
Thanks for reaching out, I have forwarded your request to Admin, so please check back.
Thanks and enjoy the rest of the day! :SUNsmile:
@Majic
 
We use a different payment service now - Stripe - so it should not be any problem to upgrade your BoneSmart membership to the Insiders Club. Here are the prices with corresponding British pound sterling amounts included.
  • Insiders Club - 1 month: $9.99 per month - 7.9 pound sterling
  • Insiders Club - 3 months: $24.99 per 3 months - 19.76 pound sterling
  • Insiders Club - 6 months: $44.99 per 6 months - 35.58 pound sterling
  • Insiders Club - 12 months: $59.99 per year - 47.44 pound sterling
I used an online converter to come up with these amounts. You can find a converter on the web or there are many free apps available that convert currency. I don’t know how often the conversion numbers change, so please take these amounts as an estimate. Stripe will do the conversion for you and you should be able to make the payment in pounds. Please let me know if you have any problems with this.
 
Since all purchases are made in US dollars within Stripe, be sure that your credit card company does not charge a conversion fee for this. Some do, but there are a lot of credit cards that do not.
 
Happy Two Month Anniversary, Majic!
I hope you're doing well and I'm wishing you a great week! :SUNsmile:
@Majic
 
I am now almost 10 weeks post op. All seems well. My Surgeon when I saw him was very pleased. I drove to our local park this morning with no problem and I have been walking 1 mile a day during our prolonged dry weather. At first it was difficult, now it is easy. I would now like to know when I can resume sexual intercourse. Are there any rules about these things, or is it perhaps assumed that at the great ages we tend to be, it wouldn’t be a concern?
 
As to when to resume sexual activity, it depends upon your healing progress and your surgeon's recommendations. It will be best if you speak with your OS or PT if you have one to ensure you're in the clear, based on your own recovery.
Happy Saturday! Enjoy the weekend. :)
@Majic
 
Agree with Layla, that it's important to check with your surgical team, @Majic.

Members of the Insiders Club reading this thread might find this article from the BoneSmart Library helpful.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Happy Three Month Anniversary, Majic!
Hopefully you're doing well in the beautiful Cotswolds! Never been, but the images are stunning.
Maybe Spring has sprung in your neck of the woods. :fingersx: Not here yet, but there are some signs signaling it's return.:happydance: Wishing you a beautiful Spring / Summer 2025!
@Majic
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom