TKR Slainte's Big Adventure

Happy Friday to all who have returned to work. It's the weekend!!
This will be you next week.. :yes: Wishing you all the best.. Just take it easy... You are so early in your recovery for returning to work.. and yes, I would be going to do the shopping too.. hahaha! But let OTHERS do the cooking of what you buy... :yes!: (You can find recipes for them to follow if necessary! :wink:)
 
Wait a second, your in Orlando? I was born and raised in Daytona Beach. Hi ya fellow Floridian. Unfortunately I got transplanted to Kansas, thanks to my Army career.
Hope you are taking good care of my home state.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Yes, I will be back at work on Monday. Just half days the first week. One of the drawbacks of working for a small company is there is no backup personnel to do my job.

Just got home from my first venture out on my new knee. Sam's Club was very quiet early this morning and I zoomed around on the motorized cart with no problem. Used my cane to make it back to the car, and man, that knee was so stiff after having been down for so long that it was tough. Made it, though, and am happily icing and elevating. And eating some fresh fruit. Oh so delicious. Glad I will be able to ice and elevate at work. Would not make it otherwise.

@wberry , I am a proud 7th generation Floridian and you can rest assured that I have the state in good hands. My husband and I lived in Daytona when we were newlyweds back in the 80's. Fun place to live. My mother still lives on the farm my family homesteaded back in 1823, in the panhandle. I love Florida very much.
 
Have fun at Sam's Club. Drive safe. Could you pick me up some. fresh vegetables ? I am so sick of frozen and tasteless lol Last time I used a cart was at Wal-Mart and I knocked down a whole end display and almost ran a few people over. Good luck at work. Can you use a cooler with ice packs in it ? I'm sure the morning will fly but and you can go home and nap. I hope someone is driving you. Have fun.
 
:thumb::thumb: On grocery shopping. Now your menu can include some of your favorites. Speaking of favorites, I plan on driving to PT on Monday so I can make a quick stop at Trader Jo's for their seasonal pecan and pumpkin oatmeal. I love that stuff. I have not tried a motorized cart yet. I have a fear of running over someone.

Slainte, you're a trailblazer for me with the sequential knee replacements. :yes:
 
Hi @Slainte, stopping by to wish you good luck tomorrow. Glad you're able to ice and elevate during the day. Hope you have a comfortable week ahead of you.

I was re-reading one of your posts in October Feisties where you mentioned a low salt diet. So glad you talked about that because it helped me stay even more aware of what I'm putting in my body. I've had almost no appetite since surgery, so when I am able to eat, it has to be fresh and healthy. We don't cook with salt either, and I'm wondering if that's why I have very little swelling. I'm keeping my legs elevated most of the day, too which I'm sure is also helping to keep the swelling down.

Thanks for sharing your wisdom. I'll be thinking of you tomorrow
Julie
 
Wishing you a quiet and pain free day tomorrow. Ice and elevate...even in the office. No overdoing it.
 
Wise decisions yesterday, going early and using the motorized cart. I was always amazed at how badly my knee swelled just from being down and not elevated. Hope you inky have to work part of the day tomorrow, but if it's a whole day, find somewhere to nap :yawn:.
 
I am not even going to work until 1pm, so no way will it be a long day. I am going to spend part of the morning trying to straighten out my pain med supply. When I got a refill on the 9th, I did not realize it was a refill of the last prescription I got for my first knee. That was just for 20 percocet, one per day, as I only needed them at bedtime then. So my OS's partner wrote me another refill on Friday, but my pharmacy won't fill it until 20 days from the 9th, as they think I am only taking one per day! The new refill is also for one per day. My real OS is going to be in the office in the morning and I hope I can get this straightened out. The first knee pain meds were perfect. Just wish he would duplicate that. I hate begging for pain meds.
 
I hear you on hating to beg for pain meds. Hopefully this will be an easy fix. I would be in tears if I had to get by on 1/day so soon after surgery.
 
yikes! hope you get the med situation sorted out. what a way to start back to work. can you get the second script filled at another pharmacy?
 
I feel for you! I had a round with BC/BS over my 2nd refill on Demerol. In frustration, I screamed at a supervisor rep on the phone (sounding truly like a mad woman on heavy drugs!) that she had no idea of the pain of TKR and describing in more detail than she probably wanted to hear exactly what the surgery entailed! I got the approvsl for the refill! Not my most proud moment. :wink: I wish for you an easier route.
 
:chillpill: Take care of yourself, then take care of the job. Knock 'em dead, kiddo. Won't be long before you'll be in smooth waters. :kayak:
 
Whew, I am tired tonight, but today went great. I did end up taking my walker to work as I am just not ready for the cane yet. I iced and elevated most of the day and made it through part of the large pile of papers left on my desk. I had made @Thesoutherncook 's recipe for chicken soup yesterday, and it was perfect to come home and heat that up.

I got my pain meds problem sorted quickly, with an apology from the nurse. Will see my OS next Monday for my post-op appointment, and will get another refill from him. So all good.

Am up to 96 on the CPM machine. My knee doesn't hurt any more except at night. And even then it doesn't really hurt - I just cannot get comfortable, you know?

Oh, and my boss's expensive high heel showed up about an hour ago. One of my dogs had dragged it from wherever to the side of the pool. The heel is thoroughly chewed. Just going to deep six the evidence.:nah:
 
So glad you made it through the day and were sensible about taking the walker! Good girl!
Yeahhhhh! The "Sick Soup" recipe comes to the rescue again! It's my favorite!
Rest tonight ! Tee hee.... Love the shoe story! Yeah, just bury the evidence!
 
Have enjoyed reading through your thread and catching up. Am sitting here alone in my house (supposed to be working, but doing a little Bonesmarting...) laughing out loud at the dog/shoe story! Oops! You are doing SO well. Amazing. Two new knees in such a short space of time and you are rockin' it! I hope you are suitably proud of yourself for going through this twice in such quick succession. Oh how I long to be in Florida....still get so upset when I think of our cancelled trip from February and at the moment cannot commit to re-booking until I decide what to about my left knee and when. Anyway, keep up the great recovery!
 
Back
Top Bottom