THR Six days post surgery<

Since I have definitely knackered my recovery at least twice I ha e set myself a new target......My new date for recovery is when I recover. Had 6 weeks for driving, 10 weeks back to work but now I will recover when it is time to recover. Boring yes but was worse before op.

Feeling really nauseous again tonight and did yesterday nearly all day.
Wondering if this could symptom of opiate withdrawl as have reduced codeine and morphine over last few days too.
Any advice as to how to manage or how long it will last @Josephine

Well as you're only 2½ weeks yet,
a) it's a little early to to be stopping your pain meds and
b) it's also too early to be worrying about withdrawal!​

My new date for recovery is when I recover.
I love this! @Jamesdean

I'm sorry you're struggling @Cathippy
Please call your doctor tomorrow about the nausea, possibly they'll have some advice or can adjust your medication and bring you some relief from the upset stomach.
I hope you feel better soon :console2:

Hi :hi:
I hope today is a better day for you and the weekend even better.
Let us know if your nausea is easing..when you have time.
A peaceful weekend to you.
@Cathippy

Hi friends @Jamesdean @Layla .
Woke up this morning still bit nauseous and no appetite but been out to physio 1st time and after walk round supermarket.
Gone by lunchtime and was hungry for 1st time in days but been taking low dose codeine again today. 2 nights now without morphine.
Got a slim insole from physio to help with leg differential but rest of appt was repeat of exercises in booklet and few more like using operated leg to lead on stair. Didnt think much of it but dont need to go back till 11/1 and can ring if i need before.
Said my lower leg pain probably coming from my back.....sigh
Onwards and upwards :martini:

Good news! I'm happy to hear the nausea has improved and you have an appetite.
Maybe once the LLD settles, your back will begin to feel better.
There is always Chiropractic to consider if all else fails.
Happy you're doing better. Enjoy the rest of the day!
@Cathippy

I’m sorry for your pain and rocky 10 days. The first 2 weeks are rough, that’s for sure. Take the pain meds when you can and definitely rest. Give yourself permission to go to sleep anytime you feel tired, it’s how we heal. Ice, ice, ice. It’s hard to keep the supply on hand; I had a cooler next to the bed or chair. As others have said, exercise is t that important now, rest (and your sanity) is. I’m going in for hip#2 on Tuesday, and I dread the first 2weeks. I’ll follow your thread and take heart in your progress, which may seems slow or non-existent, but you are progressing! Best to you and all who give us comfort!

Hi @Atkinson8
I am glad to be three weeks in now though each part of the recovery journey seems to bring its own set of challenges.
Current challenge is intermittent bouts of nausea and trying to avoid being overwhelmed by length of recovery.
Having said that pleasantly surprised i can walk round as i can and able to manage half hour walks !
Sending some healing hugs and wishes for a speedy recovery.
:tada:

Things will keep getting better.
Hope today is a good day!

Well knew at some point all this enforced sitting would upset my back !
Woke with back pain last night and praying it settles. Have worked so hard to manage the wear and tear in my spine and hope to again but need hip to be able to do that.
Grey again today ..bit like my mood this morning :skep:

@Cathippy

Hi, i just wanted to say that i am really sorry you have back pain and i hope that it resolves soon. I live in the UK too and yes this weather would not help ones mood. I have been around on this site enough to be confident in saying that the odds are very much in your favour that things will improve for you. Maybe not as fast as one would wish but each day will lead to a little bit of healing. This must be hard for you to believe at the moment but hang in there if you can.

Warmest wishes,

Ginny x

I'm sorry your back is bothering you. Maybe you could put a little heat to it?
At one point, I had ice on my quads, and heating pad on my lower back.
I would also get up and raise my arms to the sky and stretch some...gravity is a tough thing.
It is grey here too.
Do hope it clears...and hope you feel better.:console2:

So lets see where I am up too!
Four weeks this coming Saturday from rthr. Hip knee and upper leg comfortable mostly. Bit of complaining this morning but have started doing some muscle building exercises so to be expected but will do less reps today as aware of need not to overdo it.
Lower back definately grumbling so doing regular emergency stretches but this morning upper back has joined in.
Need to do regular neck exercises now too.
I mostly blame sleep position in bed for this as just no good for spines or gastro grrrrr. Also might try moving round more though not likely to get out to walk today as another wet grey day forecast here and no visitors to go out with either.
Sigh ......
On a positive note on the right side and all things...eventually pass right !
Onwards and upwards
:chuckmarch:

Agree on sleep position being frustrating.:umm:
Sorry.
Yes, if you need to..cruise about the house.
One month is primetime for cabin fever and the post op blues.
You are going just fine...hope today is a better day!
(The strutting chicken is my favorite!!):chuckmarch:

It will get better, slowly but surely you'll get there.
Try to measure progress only on weekends.
If you reflect back from weekend to weekend, you'll see the changes you've made.
I hope you have a peaceful afternoon and evening!
@Cathippy

Thank you @Layla and @Mojo333 for encouragement and support. Guess i nevet really took on how it might be after even though I supported my own mum through her THR back in March.
Different when it's you and you know at some point there will be the other hip to go through in the future !
:flwrysmile:

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
JWS
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom