Guest viewing is limited

THR Six days post surgery<

:hi: This recovery business can be tricky to figure...but early days there are all sorts of disturbing pains that make us anxious.

Hope all is easing and that you have your pain managed now.
It will get better!
Hope today is a good day for you !
Stay with the ice!:ice:
 
Yahee slept really well last night with no severe pain in leg!
Iced painful points in evening. Changed co codamol for oramorph when i went to bed sleeping for 4.5hrs. Took another dose and soon off sleeping through till after 7.00
My body was good when i got up .. but hear your voices in my head now reminding me to pace myself and not overdo it because i feel i can
Thanks guys....
 
You've got this. :ok:
The patience part is the hardest now.:bored:
Will all be worth it.
Good restorative sleep definitely helps.:yes:
 
13 days in and another good night's sleep on morphine though stiff this morning. Might take anti-inflammatory tonight to ease body off.

First outing yesterday with friend who took me to cafe in local park. Magical outing as so enjoyed being out in normal world. Only concern at the moment is my husband and mum developing colds. I hate winter for that and hope I don't go on to develop one.

Washed up dishes again yesterday and took a 20min gentle walk. Rested in between and fell asleep for 45 mins after outing.

Need shower and to wash my hair today which will neatly fill in the morning. It takes so much longer to do everything but go plenty of time so doesn't matter.

Here's to day 13 bring it on :) :-) (:
 
:)Sounds like you are doing very well.
That stiffness is also normal and can get more pronounced after getting more activity in...then after resting...hope you are still icing.
It's a great anti-inflammatory and pain reliever. And you have alot of healing happening.:yes:
I was a napper...especially after being up and about some.
Hope you have a good easy day.:ice:
 
Sounds like everything coming together @Cathippy 20 min walk that’s so good, I’m so looking forward to when I can write that x
 
@Cathippy If you are doing 20 minute walks at only days out of surgery - well done! Easy does it. No heroics - just a slow and steady approach. You are doing really well!
 
Hey Jaycey. Maybe I overdid it after all as up in night with knee, neck and back pain but knee is what kept me awake.

Good day yesterday though mostly pain free though was a loooong afternoon as visitors couldn't come and they didn't have my paper so no crossword to do. Was hoping to have visit home over weekend as staying at my mum's but husband ill with cold so going to be a long weekend.
:groan:
Time to count my blessings...
 
Doing well in the day now and walking with two crutches for gradually longer periods. Elevate leg in day.
However at night knee cap becomes painful when i lie down. Using voltarol gel and cushion under leg. Didnt ice earlier as wasnt hurting tonight till i got into bed. Could it be related to cm length discrepancy ?
Worrying bit about this...what causes knee pain post op apart from this ?
Nightime hard...time for morphine shot !
 
:hi:Do you put a small pillow under your knee at night? I'm sure this would help.
Knee pain is not uncommon after THR..
You can also ice your knee.
Hope you were able to rest.
 
Do you put a small pillow under your knee at night?
I did. Whilst lying awake fretting, read up and can take more morphine if first dose not enough. So having taken 5ml took another 2.5ml and paracetamol which I had dropped in favour of morphine. Slept for 7 hrs and woke up this morning feeling stiff but refreshed thank goodness
 
I'm glad you rested.
Still very early days for you and lots of different pains come and go...in different places...at least for me that was the case.
When do you go back for checkup?
 
Seeing physio Friday briefly before class they run but don't see consultant now till Feb. Will ask then ...
Thanks Mojo....new to all this
 
Sore painful buttock since having staples out yesterday. Hope this will settle soon.
Slept till 5 when i woke with incredibly itchy lower leg. Did settle but took me ages to get back to sleep
Feeling :oyvey:
 
:wave: poor cathippy.
First weeks are so tough...reminds me of "are we having fun yet?"
It Does get better!
Hope today is a better day...I was a chronic napper as I could not get "fixed" to get more than a few hours sleep at night for months!:umm:
Hang in there friend.:console2:
 
I found an anti-histamine (ie for hayfever) helped with the scar itching.. Lots of pops and crackles etc as the wound goes through the healing phrases. I still have a bottle of morphine left for emergencies!
 
Hi there, :wave:
Ice any painful areas.
I hope you were able to fit in a nap today and wishing you sound sleep this evening.
Very early days...it will keep getting better and better. Hang in there.
@Cathippy
 
Well seem to have been doing well but today noticed been in more discomfort and thinking maybe I need to continue with codeine as had dropped it as was pain free in day. Definately didnt overdo it yesterday as weather wasnt good enough too but might have today as cabin fever and not having done any physio exercises and having physio appt tomorrow got better of me today.
Think cold peas might be in order tonight.
Also read book about young tetraplegic man, very inspiring story and helped me feel grateful today.
I think reality of time it will take to recover just got to me today...!
 

Staff online

  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Back
Top Bottom