Guest viewing is limited

THR Shopping Trips

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow Lisa, your anniversary is fast coming up. It must be wonderful to reflect back on all your achievements, good and not so good - well done :)
 
Hi Lisa,

Love your hair!!

I used to front sleep as well and find it seems uncomfortable now after surgery, although I'm not sure what the problem is for me... I spend a lot of time wrestling with a pillow at night trying to locate it someplace that will enable me to be a bit more comfy for a few more hours -- maybe you've tried this as well.

I wondered if your son has one of those Wii game console set ups? A few years ago we got one for our family for Christmas and now I am finding it helpful to do some of the activities on the Wii Fit game for my hip. It has yoga stretches, and some other very simplistic types of activities and some are balance related which enables me to see how I may be favoring one leg over the other. It also has a hula hoop activity which helps to stretch all those hip and low back related muscles. I can't hula hoop in real life again yet, but can do it on the Wii. Any way, if you have this game system think about getting the Wii Fit game to use when your psoas is feeling more settled.

Have a good day,
Cardie
 
Lisa

Great news and good to hear you more up beat be careful and don't get to cocky and fingers crossed there will be more improvement in January.

Billy
 
Hi Lisa,
Was just trying to catch up a bit with your story, and what a story it is! I hope that you can feel as amazed at yourself as the rest of us are - that is the subtext i am reading in the posts to your thread, that we all think you are doing an exemplary job of recuperating. So glad to hear that you received a positive report from your OS. Good luck with moving away from using the crutch and I hope you are planning a special celebration for your upcoming one year mark.
 
Been offline for a few days - have really missed my BS pals! Got a lot of catching up to do over the weekend.

Just a quickie though that I need to share......this week I've 'graduated' to pottering around at work in my office & staffroom without a crutch and two, yes two, of my colleagues, separately commented on how much better I seemed to be walking!!!!!!!:yes 4: Psoas seems more settled - progress is being made, so pleased.

This time 12 years ago my bag was packed for the hospital maternity unit where my beautiful son was born - he was 10 days overdue! Quite cosy and I had to be induced....... off to bake him a birthday cake ready for his birthday tomorrow - he's asked for the 'ultimate' chocolate cake, hope I can manage it :biggrin:
 
Oh congratulations to your family! What a fantastic Christmas present he was! Also, way to go on the improvements! See, we all get there eventually! Well done Lisa!
 
A lovely message, Happy Birth day to you both!

enjoy the cake,
Cardie
 
Hi Lisa,

Love your hair!!

I wondered if your son has one of those Wii game console set ups?


Hi Cardie - glad you like my hair! I just tried a new colourist and I'm delighted with it - it's made me so happy.

Yes, my son has got a Wii and I've been thinking about trying it once my psoas is recovered......I quite fancy the Zumba game but I think I'll maybe have to build up to that.:snork: I think the Wii may become redundant......he's asked everyone to chip in for an Xbox for his birthday.

And Janet, yes, he was just the best ever Christmas present. We bought him a little Santa sleepsuit - couldn't resist! I can't believe he's 12 tomorrow. I attended his first parent's evening at high school last night and came away feeling extremely proud. The teachers are all very pleased with his attitude and achievement - long may it continue.

Decided to leave the cake until tomorrow, felt like I needed to rest. I had a day off work today and went Christmas shopping. I was out and about for almost 2 hours, amazing! Still find this no bone on bone pain thing a novelty:biggrin: I could've been out longer if I had a bag carrying servant......I got so loaded up that I had to come home, had my crutch in one hand and about 5 shopping bags on the other. Quite happy with my purchases and spent the rest of the afternoon wrapping them.

And Anita, you've given me an idea.....I hadn't really thought about an anniversary celebration but I think it would be quite fitting:thumb:

Thanks for dropping by Steve - How are you doing these days?

And thank you Billy Boy - I won't get cocky, Been there, done that, got the t shirt......:th_heehee:

Have a great weekend
 
Very pleased to report the following:

  • 7 weeks down the line of using crutches (2x 2 weeks and 1x for the past 5 weeks) that I consider my psoas issues to be approx 85% better
  • last weekend I walked around quite a lot for me, I also bowled (first time ever! ....and I got a strike!) and then danced at a concert - no ill effects whatsoever
  • today I've been running a staff training event and been on my feet a lot....It's still such a novelty to be standing/walking long enough get aching feet!:th_heehee:
 
Wow Lisa - that's real progress! All the patience is paying off!
 
Hi Lisa, I'm doing very well thanks and will try try to post a full update around 'our' 12 month anniversary.

I do agree with Anita, that 12 month point needs to be marked properly with a small libation, a little thank you, a decent BS post and maybe an attempt at a new challenge!

Keep improving and have a great Xmas.

Cheers
Steve
 
What a lovely update, Lisa!! You'll be on the Wii in no time -- but don't start with the Zumba one!!! :wink1:

I may need to borrow your crutches I think I have that tendon issue you just got done working thru -- darn! :rolleyespink:

Take care,
Cardie
 
Have given myself a fantastic Christmas present this year- the gift of time! I've booked this week off work and really enjoying the run up to the 'big day'. My son is off school too and its great spending time with him, poor hubby is working flat out, it's his busiest time of year.....no, he's not an elf - he's in parcel delivery.

I know I've said it before but I'm marvelling at how I'm able to walk around without bone on bone pain......shopping has been pleasurable this year. I also keep looking back to how different things were this time last year (other bad stuff) and feel so grateful. I'm still having some discomfort with my psoas but that's small fry. So glad I made the decision to have the surgery, my only regret is that I didn't do it sooner.
 
So glad I made the decision to have the surgery, my only regret is that I didn't do it sooner.

How many times have we heard this here on BoneSmart! So glad you are doing well Lisa. What a lovely gift to give yourself and your son - time! Enjoy!
 
Fantastic Lisanewmc, you so deserve a special Xmas and all the positives coming your way in 2012.

Sandy xx
 
Hi Lisa,

"Time" I took a leaf out of your book!

The trouble is I'm just too busy!!:th_heehee:

Go for it!! (in a very chilled out and relaxed way of course).

Charlie
 
Wow.....It's my anniversary next week- what a difference a year makes.

I've been to visit family over Christmas and this year I was able to join in the dancing game on the Wii - wasn't very good but that has nothing to do with THR!

Psoas update- minimal use of crutch now for outdoor walking only. Have cut down on naproxen and paracetomol to 'as required' rather than by the clock and feel that I'm 95% recovered. I still have discomfort when lifting/ moving my leg in certain ways. I find myself physically lifting my leg (with my hand) onto the bed or into the car, this way it doesn't hurt as I'm not using the tendon......but us that a bad thing?

I also have a new concern and wonder if anyone has any advice please. I'm experiencing soreness on my outer thigh, close to the lateral incision area. It feels bruised but isn't. It doesn't hurt all the time but when I move my leg it feels like a pulling sensation, I've had it for about a week now and it shows no sign of getting better......I have my 12 month check on18 Jan should I wait and see how it is by then or see my GP?

On one hand I'm a bit weary of these little setbacks because I still don't feel like I'm experiencing the full benefits of the THR. But then on the other hand my quality of life is so greatly improved when I look back and compare to this time last year. Still grateful.:0)
 
Hi Lisa

Thrilled that you had such a great time with your family... Pleased to have you back in time for the NY party. :)

Could the new soreness be related to scar tissue maybe, just a thought. I am sure Jo will pop by and give her expert advice.

Sandy xx
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom