Guest viewing is limited

Shocked & Surprised!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Kathy
I see your surgery date will be this week. Your almost through the awful waiting time. We will be sending positive thoughts your way! Keep us posted.
Don
 
Well, I started this thread at the beginning of this journey and it's soon winding down: surgery is Wednesday. I'm frightened, but I'm so desperate to feel better. I'm often grumpy and touchy. Just today my touchiness led to an argument with my boyfriend. I also posted on the anesthesia thread that last week's hip class actually made me feel worse, even more frightened and with little confidence in the spinal. I wish I hadn't gone to the class. I guess if I don't feel confident in the spinal now I'll just have to go with the GA...ugh, I dread that. Still emotionally labile...cried off-and-on today.

On a more positive note, I have been setting up all of the things I plan to do post-surgery (because I view this as a wonderful opportunity to get lots accomplished...LOL). First up, watch all of the extended edition Lord of the Rings movies along with various other dvds from my collection, followed by some serious magazine reading and a bit of journaling and corresponding. Next, chatting with visiting friends and family and, finally, I'll practice applying some new eye shadow colors and make-up. See there, a very productive recuperation coming up! :biggrin:
 
I wish you the best of luck tomorrow in your surgery, Kathy. Thank you for replying to my thread. I read your story. The interesting thing is, when my hip began hurting (which seemed like it was just a groin pull and muscle pain), my knee began hurting, too. I've never had a knee problem, so I knew it was somehow related to the "groin pull" which I now know is a hip problem.

All of those body mechanics are related to each other. When one thing is "off" it throws other things "off" and soon all sorts of muscles are compensating. After a while your body can't handle it anymore.

I hope that after your surgery and rehab, your knee and everything else feels good and normal. I'm looking forward to hearing about your hip surgery and your outcome. I'll be thinking of you tomorrow and (even though I'm not a religious person) I'll be saying a prayer for you -- throwing some good energy out into the universe!
 
Hi Kathy... It is the 25 th where I come from, so hopefully you are resting the night before your surgery where you are .....

You will be fine.. Trust me, I know, we all know this can be the most scariest event of of our lives, but the outcome is so worth it :)

Will be looking out for you on the post op side when you are able to post..

This is the start of a better quality of life Kathy - good luck 
 
WoooHoooo, all finished! Surgery startyed at 11, finished up and sent to recovery at 1, now in my room eating jello and drinking juice at 4. I had the spinal w/ sedation and it was marvelous! The whole experience has actually been comfortable and pleasant! Will post more later, but wanted to thank all at bonesmart for your amazing support! You all helped me tremendously. Best, kathy:biggrin:
 
Hey Kathy,

Congratulations and welcome to the other side! Wow you are quick to post too which I LOVE! Have a good evening, lots of sleep xxooxx
 
Great to hear, Kathy! Looking forward to reading more when you feel up to posting. Hearing that the surgery took 2 hours and you actually were "comfortable." Wow, that is extremely reassuring to those of us who still have this road ahead of them!
 
Congratulations!! So great to hear you are doing so well :thumb:
Keep us posted.... :dancy:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom