THR Shiny new hip installed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yowser!! A nightmare of a hip @thx11384eb What an improvement now. No wonder your gait was off. Good to hear you're now gently working on this.

I feel really good, almost off the pain medication. Ready to slowly go back to work. Got to pay off the bill, expensive,but damn worth it. Can tie my shoe on my left foot for the first time in four years, can also cross my legs.


22nd December 2016 anterior approach lthr
 
Fantastic @thx11384eb. Continue to take things very carefully. As we start to feel amazing for the first time in years, we can tend to overdo things very easily, or inadvertently take risks by not being mindful (I am one example!)
 
Finally cleared today by surgeon to return to work full time regular duty. I will see how it goes. I won't be walking on any ice, well if there is anymore snow or ice. They temps here in Denver have been very warm for February.

Still have physical therapy visits to attend, but they have also said they are fine with me returning to work. The new hip is working wonderfully, some slight numbness in the thigh. Still some weakness that I have to work on. But i have worked out a couple of time and the new hip felt great, the other hip had a little pain.




Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Rode a stationary bike for thirty minutes today, last September I couldn't because of my left hip. My left hip wouldn't rotate hardly at all and it was very painful. Today, I did the thirty minutes and felt I could have done more. I held back though, I want to see if there is any soreness tomorrow.

If not, I am going to do it a couple of time a week. Restarting my diet, I stopped once I had surgery. I have been doing some of the exercises from PT. Mostly body weight squats and walking stairs. Weighted squats and lunges will come later in the summer. Sticking to machines for the squat and lunges, not going to push hard. Just want to build some strength back into the left leg.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom