THR Sharp pain incision site

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Josephine - I'm not sure what questions you have asked that I didn't respond to? I think in the previous threads I forgot to mention I had the posterior THR. Thank you so much for your advice. This site has really helped me in this recovery.

I had been feeling really cocky lately with my recovery. I went from walker to crutches to a cane all in the last week. Yesterday, the first day with the cane and I went for 3 outside walks. Not long - about 10 min each. Did my exercises and then it hit me last night with pain. Today I'm really down - my hip/leg is really sore, I feel shakey and all in all feeling like I'm taking a big step backward today. I've been pretty much laying down all day, just getting up to go biffy or to get a bite. For some reason both my feet have been like icicles the last couple of days. I've had the heating pad wrapped around them. I see now it's a day by day thing in the recovery.
 
Hi Maggie- I too have pain all the way down my leg when I try sleeping I my side with a pillow between my legs. Like you said, feels great for about a minute, then I fidget for the next 5-10 minutes to make the rest of the leg be happy, and eventually, back on my back too. The pain down my leg worsened with an almost fall at the 2 am mark, but is doing better with constant ice, regular walks, and cold laser therapy. Hang in there darlin'.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Hi @MaggieHip
If you follow @Josephine's link ("The questions here.") and tell her the rest of the detail about the routines you're following and your pain meds (so the information is all in one place), I think you'll be pleasantly surprised how much she can help you pinpoint just what you should - or shouldn't - be doing.
My PT didn't want me using the cane much, especially when I was tired, because I tended to lean to one side using it. I found I was better doing less and going slower.
:flwrysmile:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020
  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Back
Top Bottom