Guest viewing is limited

Revision TKR Sharkey's Revised Knee

Welcome to recovery again! Best wishes for an uneventful one.
 
You used the term "dark place." I was in a dark place for a year and a half as well, got two second opinions, one of whom suggested that I get a rigid brace and learn to live with what I had (a lax knee with too much valgus). Which I did. Fast forward to last Fall, I developed severe pain after light biking one day and it was found I had loose components. I've had an excellent recovery.

My original orthopedist retired and moved to Canada, so I can't even hope to run into him somewhere and at least shoot him some angry glances.

There are mechanisms in place at every US hospital for quality, and if you had a bad outcome, I would take it to the hospital system or practice. I blame myself for my bad TKR because I chose a local orthopedist without really properly thinking about things, e.g. how many surgeries he'd done. So I had this last surgery with a top doc and the difference is night and day, and it sounds like you're having the same luck. This recovery has been a walk in the park. I hope yours continues to be a positive experience.

By the way, the ice machine is your best friend, and two weeks isn't enough. I spend sometimes 2 hours at a time with my leg getting cooled. Very likely you know someone who got theirs at the hospital and now have it sitting in their basement that they could loan you.
 
@Sharkey - Welcome to recovery again.
You'll notice that I have merged your newest thread with your original recovery thread.
For several reasons, we prefer that you only have one recovery thread:
  • That way, we have all your information in one place, and will have a complete history of your knee. This makes it easier to go back and review your history before providing advice.
  • If you keep starting new threads, you miss the posts and advice others have left for you in the old threads, and some information may be unnecessarily repeated
  • Having only one thread will act as a diary of your progress that you can look back on.
So please post any updates, questions or concerns about your recovery here.
Don't worry that we won't see your question because, between us, the staff read all new posts every day.
If you need an urgent response to a question, just tag a member of staff.
How to tag another member; how to answer when someone tags you

If you prefer a different thread title, just post what you want and we'll get it changed for you.

Here are the instructions on finding your thread, How can I find my threads and posts? . Many members bookmark their thread, so they can find it when they log on.
 
Ok Bottomshollow. Thanks for moving it, I figured it didn't belong there, but didn't know how to move it to my previous created page. Maryo52, glad to hear you've recovered from your nightmare, I'm hoping for the same, and already see the difference. Celle, thanks for the support also.
 
Last edited:

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom