Guest viewing is limited

TKR Several Concerns

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Birdie1
Do you think that your regular doctor can suggest some service that will help care for your mother? How much care does she need?
Right now, both you and your mother need help.
 
Hi @Birdie1

I came on to this thread as I realised you'd has your other knee done, when I was in another thread. I have read all your posts as best this foggy brain can do. Although I may not always comment or push a button (which I should do out of politeness when visiting others threads) I have done a lot of reading this last 11 months.

Definitely, no two knees are the same. Everybody's recovery is different with differing timescales (because we are all so unique) and it is hard at times not to compare with others. In your case this is worse because you are comparing it with your other TKR!

I just want to say this to you, I'm not patronising or being rude...that's not my style at all.

Think about this. Think about your left arm and your right arm...are they equal in strength?..can you do the same tasks on both? in exactly the same way, identical? I doubt it very much. The same as the right and left part of our brains are different, our boobs may be different sizes one a C one a D!!! So bearing that in mind, why would our knees, legs, hips or anywhere else be identical? On that basis, surely knee recovery is going to be different?

At some point I am going to have no option but to have my left one replaced. It's well and truly on it's last. I am praying that this one will be the poster child for recovery please!!!!!

You have more than any of us to cope with. What would your aunt say if you offered to pay her again? I think you have to try and get that sorted as a priority, so that you can focus on yourself again. You are so early in this recovery. Have you got a church buddy or outreach that could come in and see you, or from another denomination as posts by one of the other members.

I completely agree with the others that your vet PT did something to you. I'd suggest that if you possibly can go back a bit to rest, ice, medication, elevation as often as you physically can, In between seeing to your mother. Hopefully that may help you regain your ROM. ROM is a funny thing because one week you can be doing well, one bit of ODIC and your messed up for a while. It usually comes back with time and patience and NO pushing.



[Bonesmart.org] Several Concerns


With all my love, prayers and positive thoughts I can muster for you
Love Nana moon 27 xoxoxox
 
Last edited by a moderator:
So...I skipped therapy on Friday, and I am skipping today. I ended up back on my walker after Wednesday. Then, of course, on Thursday, I tried to do the stretching I had been taught. My Saturday night, I was hobbling and back to the walker. I phoned the therapy center today, and told them I need a physical therapist to phone me at her earliest convenience. Truth is, I am afraid to go back...because I am afraid to regress in my healing instead of progressing. But, I am also uncomfortable knowing this will mean six days of no therapy. I know all the exercises and I plan to work on stuff at home today and tomorrow. Hoping the therapist will phone me before my next appointment, which is on Wednesday. Don't want to live in fear of them touching me because I'm tired of being hurt beyond my threshold. Worried, but putting this in God's hands. At the end of this week, I will have completed 6 weeks of therapy sessions. Before these skipped sessions, the extension of my leg was at a 6. But my other leg is that as well. My legs will not ever lay completely flat to the tables or mats. It's how I'm made, and they know that. My flexion last week was at 113 on my own. My goal is 120. I was able to peddle the bike on Wednesday, after I asked to be put on the bike. They had yet to have me on there. So what do you think? Am I fine to take these days off from them? And, I want to thank you all again for your support, as I have surly needed that.:what:
 
YEs, you'r fine to take days off from PT. Just do a few gentle exercises at home.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom