Guest viewing is limited

TKR Seven years post OP and nerve damage improved but not perfect

If you would like to change the title of your thread, post it here, a moderator will change it for you.

That would be great to change the title of my thread please
Seven years post OP and nerve damage improved but not perfect
 
Campervan,
I've changed your title for you. Josephine should be along to respond to your reply to her chart.
 
bilobed, anechoic, avascular cystic lesion, most likely a ganglion cyst
You can see that these reports are fully intended to be read by doctors and no-one else, can't you? However, he does give a nice layman's interpretation at the end which is "it's a ganglion"!

A ganglion is a cystic lesion, it is called so because it has a tougher capsule than a common or garden cyst and arises from the sheath of a tendon.

I know I can have them aspirated or surgically removed but I am concerned for infection of my knee/s.
Aspiration is pointless as they will just fill up again. The only sure resolution is excision. You've no need to worry about cross infection to your knees because
1. the surgery would be carried out under the same sterile conditions as all surgical operations are
2. even if the wound got infected, the changes of cross infection to the knee as really remote
3. stop worrying about it!​
 
@Jospephine Thank you for you advice. My doctor's surgery has ManageMyHealth access for patients so I read what they write about my consultations and any reports and lab results. Sometimes I'm not sure whether its a good thing or bad! I have a appointment with my GP next week.

@Jockette asked how things are now with the nerve damage. Its not perfect but I function really well with less than a 5 degree lag. I walk lots, usually about an hour 5 days a week. Very occasionally my quad will give way but I never fall over because of it. If I could be bothered doing some strength exercises I could maybe stop it happening.
 
If I could be bothered doing some strength exercises I could maybe stop it happening.
I love this! You sound a lot like me. I’m glad you’re content with where you are.
 

Staff online

  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020

Members online

Back
Top Bottom