Guest viewing is limited

Bilateral TKR Second Year Progress

The only surgeon I have on my list for the Denver area is:

Dr. Jason M. Jennings
Colorado Joint Replacement
Denver, CO

Dr. Parks looks excellent too. I notice that he did some training with Dr. Frank Noyes, who is an expert in arthrofibrosis of the knees. I like his philosophy for treatment too. You'll have to let me know how your visit goes with him and maybe I need to add him to our list! If you want a second opinion, you can use Dr. Jennings.
 
Dr. Parks looks excellent too. I notice that he did some training with Dr. Frank Noyes, who is an expert in arthrofibrosis of the knees.

I will definitely let you know my thoughts after I meet with Dr. Parks. Thanks much @Jamie.
 
Oh my goodness, crawling around on the floor DOES NOT FEEL GOOD! My cable was out, and I needed to unplug and plug it back in - that was so not fun. My knees, both of them, were not happy. They seem fine now, though. We'll see how they are in the morning.:chinstroke:
 
Oh no. Even now I don't like to crawl around on the floor. I pray your night will be good and also your day tomorrow.
 
I wanted to look under the bed this morning for something, considered how I was going to manage that and even if I could manage it, and walked out of the room instead. :rotfl:
 
Knees are a little edgy today after the floor episode yesterday, but all in all, not too bad. Righty is still a little swollen though, was before the floor incident and still is now. It's not tender where its swollen, just slightly swollen.
 
I’m glad they’re only a little edgy. We’ll take it, right? I’m glad you’re doing so well.

I’ll be seeing my granddaughter tomorrow through Sunday. :roseshwr:

How are your granddaughters doing?
 
Very cool you are seeing your granddaughter this week-end. You will have a great time - how old is she? What do you have planned?

My youngest who is 6 is absolutely thrilled she just lost her first tooth. She has watched her sister who is 8 lose teeth the past couple of years, and she idolizes her older sister so much and wants to do and be everything that older sis is. So she had to tell me in a phone call about the tooth and that the tooth fairy left her some bucks. So adorable, such a great age.
 
My granddaughter is turning 9. They will only be here about 24 hours. The only thing planned is some time in the pool tomorrow. By the time they get here today the kids hours of our pool will be done. I live in a 55+community and kids are only allowed in the pool between 10:30 and 3:00.

I doubt we’ll have time for much of a sewing project, but we all know if she asks me if we can sew, we will!
 
Last edited:
I wanted to look under the bed this morning for something, considered how I was going to manage that and even if I could manage it, and walked out of the room instead.
You did just right!

@mlwreader, I was wondering how you were doing after your floor 'exercise' you did yesterday. Great to hear that you are doing so well! I bet that crankiness will be gone before you know it!
 
What I was looking for wasn’t worth the effort and also very unlikely to be under the bed. :doh:
 
I was wondering how you were doing after your floor 'exercise' you did yesterday.

@sistersinhim No residual issues from the floor episode. Thanks for asking. Even the cable is back up and running - turns out it was the provider's issue and not mine!

I am having some non-knee related health issues concerning my liver enzymes, which are elevated. This has been a recurring problem for me over the years, they go up, everyone gets hysterical, tests are performed, they don't figure out why they are up, they then go down, and things are normal for a few years and then the process starts all over again. The best they could come up with last time was either a reaction to Cymbalta or autoimmune disease. The main symptom for me is tiredness, which also impacts my stamina in my walking for my knee recovery. Right now the doctors are talking liver biopsy again, which I have had done in the past, and am not anxious to repeat. Prayers would be so welcome. Thanks for reading, as always.
 
I noticed a reddish area on the right knee that is completely new today. It is on the right interior side, and it is the same spot that has hurt me from time to time going up stairs. What could this possibly be? OMgosh I am so trying not to freak out. I walked this morning and it was fine, and then I iced and elevated after walking, and then watched some TV and then took a shower and after that is when I noticed it. How could my knee get red at 11 months post surgery? Could it be from the icepack? I put a kitchen towel on my knee while icing. I am not having any pain and no additional swelling. It feels a little warmish, but it seems like that's the way it always feels. (See what happens when I'm on a break from tutoring? I freak out over knees and such.) Any input would be most appreciated. And, of course, I don't have my appointment with my new OS for my year check up for another four weeks.
 
How are you today? Has it gone away any? Can you send a photo to your OS if it's is still there?
 
Hi @sistersinhim I have this crazy feeling it is related to me crawling around on the hard floor when my cable was out last week. I looked at it in the sunlight yesterday getting out of my car, and it looks brownish in parts, like a healing black and blue mark, which I am very susceptible to. It certainly has not gotten any bigger, so I have decided to keep an eye on it and of course if I develop a fever or experience pain and/or unusual swelling, I will definitely seek medical help. I have an appointment with my new OS in four weeks. (I just looked at it in the bright light and I do think it is disappearing - I certainly hope so). Thank you for asking Sisters, the complete radio silence was making me nervous too - lol. :loll:I was afraid it was sounding so serious that no one wanted to comment. (I really do get crazy between my ears sometimes.)
 
We have a lot of the staff away with injuries or illnesses. I've been away, too, because tragedies at church the past two weeks. I'm so sorry! We'll be back strong before long!
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom