Scheduled for Feb. 27

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yxsops. You might want to read the new thread by Trowelhand, who is back working at 9 weeks post op. It's really inspirational. Just search under his name at the top of the page.
Thanks I'll check it out. I just read Joeski's experience. I'm hoping to be back at work as a pilot in 3 months but am seeing people still with canes 5 months out. What's usual?
 
Hi. Josephine, who rules over this site, is an experienced orthopedic surgical nurse who doubles as an occupational health nurse. She tells people that 12 weeks is a realistic time frame for returning to work post THR, often on a phased-in basis. It could be sooner, she notes, depending on a bunch of factors such as overall health, age and the surgical approach taken. If you don't have any other bone or soft tissue problems and are super-fit, you might very well sail through this. One of the biggest traps we all fall into is rushing things...overdoing the physio and pushing to the point of pain. That isn't the way to go because then you backslide and have to start again. I did that and lost a couple of weeks. The big thing with this surgery is what Bonesmart calls The Energy Drain. You can search for that article in the library. CatPrincess is a flight attendant who had her op before Christmas and went back to work in early March...she might have some useful comments for you. Hang in there, it is so worth it.
 
Figured I wouldn't hijack trowelhand's thread.... Re the sexy leg contest, your scar will disappear to almost nothing over time. Unlike me, who has three lovely lines to display while swanning around a swimming pool. I would have had four but my surgeon went in on an especially unattractive scar and did a little plastics job, which was a bonus. People will just think you look interesting or ask, when did you get your hip replaced? It's such a commonplace bit of surgery. Talk later, try to get some sleep. If I can do this, anyone can.
 
yxsops How are you feeling today? If you want to chat, just tag me with an @ before my username Vida. You can catch all members via email in that way.
 
yxsops best wishes for you tomorrow with your surgery. When possible let us know how you are doing. My surgery is a week from Thursday on the 11th.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom