Guest viewing is limited

Scared stiff !!

Status
Not open for further replies.
@asnell1955 - Well now you have a new date and you'll be over your flu and ready for it. :chillpill:
I've just learned that mine will be in April too, but haven't got an actual date yet ..... SO we'll most probably be close together. It's not that long to wait and will give you plenty of time to prepare again. :yes:
 
I bet getting a new date in the future were both disappointing and phew moments! At least that's what I experienced when I cancelled my surgeries (embarrasingly a few times). :heehee:

I hope you're feeling much better today.
 
Hi guys, I hope you're all doing well at what ever stage you're at , I have a new op date for 30th April and this time I pray I'll be fit for surgery, however my level of pain is so much worse and I fear getting out of bed due to a constant stabing pain down the outside of my hip with each step I take , I have borrowed a cane which helps a little but I really don't want to leave my couch or bed , I think this could be hip bursitis or impingement which should improve to some degree , if anyone has had this excruciating pain which is both exhausting and nauseas , thank you for reading my post .
 
if anyone has had this excruciating pain which is both exhausting and nauseas , thank you for reading my post .
I had that pain for over 6 months pre-LTHR. It is horrid and it zaps every bit of energy. Can you ask your GP for elbow crutches. They may refer you to a PT area or a hospital for fitting. I used one elbow crutch pre-op and it really helped take the weight off my sore hip.
 
Hi and thank you for advice, sure is exhausting isn't it ,and excruciatingly painful, I will visit my GP and discuss,how are you now and are you glad you had THR ?
Thank you again ,Angela :old:
 
I'll tell you what Angela, if anyone on bonesmart delayed and delayed surgery it was me! I can tell you 100% that I regret NOT having the surgery sooner. I'll put it this way, I need the other hip done and I CAN'T WAIT to proceed with my second THR (I'm hoping to get a date at my next OS appointment on the 14th)! I guess that shows you how happy I am that I had it done! It was WAY easier than I anticipated. All that anxiety for naught! :) Hopefully my experience can help alleviate some of your fears. Blessings sent your way!
 
Oh hun ,well that says it all ! You're now on the other side and doing great I am on full steam ahead now thanks to lovely people like you offering words of encouragement and your personal experiences , roll on 30th April I say !
Keep up the good work my hippy friend.
Best Wishes ..
 
@asnell1955 - update your signature so we're always reminded
:flwrysmile:Oh, and make sure you get added to APRIL RAINBOWS (same month as me!)
 
Last edited by a moderator:
how are you now and are you glad you had THR ?
I've had both hips replaced and have absolutely no regrets. In fact I pushed to get my right one done as I knew waiting would only make things worse. That recover was really much easier. Get some crutches for now - it will make moving around much easier.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom