Guest viewing is limited

TKR Say something to make me feel better???

Her back pain could also be muscle spasms. My knee pain went away pretty quickly but the muscle spasms hurt worse than the knee pain and were not phased by pain meds. I took a muscle relaxer for about a month or so.
 
10mg of Oxycodone is actually quite a small dose. Does it have any acetaminophen in it? If not, you could give her 1,000mg of Tylenol every 6 hours. If it does, then reduce the amount of Tylenol by 325mg. As long as she doesn't exceed 4,000mg total in 24hrs, she'll be okay as far as that goes. But very often the addition of another med, often a simple one, can make a lot of difference. It's worth a shot.
 
I'm happy to say that my mother has been home for a week now and she is doing SO much better. By nature, she has always been one of those people that just can NOT...SIT...STILL. So she is all over the house, spry as ever. Thank you everyone for your advice, and for your support. I genuinely appreciate it. I wish you all good health and happiness.
-Christian
 
Sounds as though your mom is one lucky lady to have you to care for her. I found that in the beginning oxycodone did not work for me either. My OS switched me to oxymorphone (dilaudid) which worked. After a couple of weeks post surgery, I was switched to Tramadol which I rotated with extra strength Tylenol. The best pain control for me was the icing and elevating... which I found out after finding this forum. There is a great schedule (which I can’t find right now)in the reading material here, if your mom happens to end up on Tramadol. I wish you and your mom well through these early stages of TKR.
 
Thanks for updating us. I was worried about your poor Mum. So glad that she's on the up
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom