RTKR in six days! whoa!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did everything get taken care of today?

Hi! It has been a busy day. I called the surgeon's office this morning and the labs were back and all good (whew!), but nothing on the insurance. I went and ran some errands and came home and did the last of the cleaning and laundry. I found some good meal options at Costco and Whole Foods that will help my husband. I know I won't be up to eating too much at first (bummer :rotfl:), so I got some chicken noodle soup and my favorite whole grain bread for toast.

I checked back with the OS's office around 3 and they were told the authorization was still pending, but would be done either by the end of the day or first thing in the morning. I can't complain, because I chose a six-day timeline, but I'll be happy when I hear it's all good. We're going to the hospital at 9am, so it should be fine. The woman at the OS office has been great, no complaints there. Blue Shield moves at their own pace.

The case manager, or discharge nurse, called tonight to ensure that I would have all the things I need upon discharge: walker, raised toilet thingee, and shower bench.

I just have to pack and try to sleep. My surgery was moved up to noon (was 1:30).

My husband and I are talking about riding a century. I can't wait to start training, but I know it'll be a while. I'll be good.
 
Okay, I give up...riding a century? lol. I don't think you'll be watching the all-star game; I suggest recording it for later.......Good luck and I hope everything goes smoothly. No rush to post tomorrow-as soon as you're up to it is fine. But I'll look for you on the other side.
 
Okay, I give up...riding a century? lol. I don't think you'll be watching the all-star game; I suggest recording it for later.......Good luck and I hope everything goes smoothly. No rush to post tomorrow-as soon as you're up to it is fine. But I'll look for you on the other side.

A century is a 100 mile bike ride. That's been my goal, but my knee injury derailed that. My longest ride is 66 miles.

Good idea to record it. Cueto is staring!

Thanks so much!
 
You might want to start your post op thread before you go to the hospital. I couldn't think for the first 48 hours let alone type.
 
I thought about it being a hundred miler....but wasn't sure if it was that or a typo........:heehee: We like to ride the river bike path or around the lake-hopefully soon I can do it again. I also like to ride to the store, the library, etc. I even sometimes ride to the gym if I go during the day. I'm glad to see a couple of Giants starting this year as it's not always the case, and sometimes they don't even get in the game. Thinking of you tomorrow and hope all goes well before, during and after. :praying::hugzz::flwrysmile:
 
Good luck see you on this side

LTKR 11 May 2016
 
Today's the day! Thank you for the thoughts, prayers, and encouragement.

I'm watching the Tour de France while waiting to go to the hospital. I hope the insurance authorization beats me there :)
 
Hello! I'll start a thread in the recovery area, but am hanging out with my hubby watching the All Star Game.

Super quick version since Cueto is pitching:
Surgery went well, people here are amazing, knee hurt like Mordor when I woke up, have had dizziness and low blood pressure when getting up, but otherwise feel ok.

More later on the other side.

Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers!
 
So glad to hear from you and glad it's over now. I'll be watching for your recovery thread. Remember, don't allow any PT to bully you, touch you or make you overdo!
 
If you need something else for pain Toradol worked great. One push in my IV and it got me over the hump. I'm glad all went well and you're in recovery!
 
@LoveGiants -- OMG! Our stories are so similar! My first ortho dr told me I was too young. I got fed up with not being able to do what I love; hiking, riding, playing softball, etc. I found another dr that does replacements on younger people and he agreed with me. I should be active now! While I'm young. Since it's affecting me emotionally, he said lets do it! However, I have to wait longer than you. Aug. 24 is mine. Wish I had one week to wait. My anxiety is getting to me big time! I missed the All Star game. :( My son's dog died so I was at his place last night. I will go find your recovery thread to follow you. Hope you are doing well today!

Karen
 
@karena71 - exactly! Let's do this now and live our active lives. I was fortunate to find a date that was so soon—not too much time to stress. I hope the time goes by quickly for you. I'm sorry about your grand dog. We *love* dogs and know how hard it is to lose one. I hope your son is doing ok.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom