RTKR in six days! whoa!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds like you're off to a great start. My PCP is anxious for me to lose weight, but he's hoping having two good knees again will allow me to be more active and lose the weight. I'm hoping so, too. He has never suggested by-pass surgery. I've actually checked into it casually and worked with a woman who had it and has kept her weight off for well over a decade now, but I realized if I could do what it takes for by-pass surgery, I could do what it takes to lose the weight without the surgery. But, no, I don't think you're anywhere near where you need to think about that. Your surgeon sounds great. Best of luck to you.


Jean

RTKR (Stryker Triathlon): 21 June 2016 LTKR (Stryker Triathlon): 21 April 2015
Right Knee Arthroscopy: 25 July 2006 Left Knee Arthroscopy: 10 February 2005
 
Plus-no little flying critters that happen to get in the door when your husband leaves it open over and over (lol) can fly into your drink and ruin it!

Your husband does that too? Glad I'm not the only one. Mine actually wore out the hinges by going in and out so many times. I bought a small bug zapper for INSIDE the house and it catches most of the flying critters he lets in.
 
@FlaGranny Lol...it must be in their DNA....My house stays nice and cool every weekday with the a/c occasionally going on. On weekends, I have to turn it lower, it goes off all day, plus the house is noticeably warmer. I told him a couple of weeks ago he's worse than a kid. He's in and out all day long, and forgets to shut doors behind him! Drives me nuts! I bought some clear sticky traps that go on windows, are hidden behind the window coverings and the bugs stick to them. I make hubby remove them when full since I hate bugs and he lets them all in...lol.
 
He says the surgery I need is gastric by-pass

UGhhhhhh they LOVE to push that gastric bypass... Mine did the same thing... I have known many that had it done, and like everything else its no magic bean. I have some that did ok, but gained alot back, some gained some back, and one person died on the table. What , do these PCPs get a cut from the bariatric drs?

Im glad you told him where to go

GOOD LUCK with your very SOON surgery!!


Oh, and Im a HUGE sir Paul fan too! I have seen him about 20 times, I even saw the Beatles TWICE, but I am OLD ;) , enjoy the show!
 
Hello! What a BUSY day! I wanted to wrap things up at work so I wouldn't have to go in Monday, and mission accomplished! One of our newer HR managers had all the leave and NDI papers ready for me and walked me though it all. What a RELIEF! I'm happy to have support at work so I don't have to worry about it. I dropped the paperwork off after work (left after lunch :)).

The labs haven't gone through yet, so I'll feel better once that's done. I was reassured that the rushed insurance approval will be OK.

We decided not to go to the beach because there's a lot to do (and we did go last weekend). But we're still taking our doodle to the drive-in to see The Secret Life of Pets. My husband said that taking your dog to that movie is like taking your teen to see Ferris Bueller's Day Off. :rotfl:

@greatlakes - thank you so much!

@PolarBear60 - "I could do what it takes to lose the weight without the surgery." Exactly my thought, too. I would be terrified of the surgery working temporarily and coming back and more. I'm going to keep at my dietary adjustments and add activity as I'm able to. Can't wait!

@dianehelen - a kickback was my first thought. He came in locked and loaded with his speech and unloaded both barrels without any consideration of *me*. I admit that those words have haunted me the past few nights around 3am. ugh. CANNNNNNNOT wait for the concert! My husband is a big Beatles fan. I love Led Zeppelin and saw Robert Plant in concert. OMG. heaven.
 
@LoveGiants Do you have an outdoor drive-in theater near you? So cool!!! We have one in my hometown, Calvert City, Kentucky. We go every summer when we are home!!! Hope everything is going well for you. Checked out some rehab places yesterday. I think we found a good one. Pending insurance, of course. Not doing much today, had several heart tests yesterday. My knees hurt.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
 
@34120 - Yes we do and it's just a few miles away. There have been rumors that they're going to tear it down and put in a megaplex thing. Please, no! We have a ton of those. The drive-in is busy.

I was incredibly disappointed in the movie. It was violent and not funny—nothing like the trailers. It is not a good kids' movie at all.

Here's a pic of our dog at the drive-in:
[Bonesmart.org] RTKR in six days! whoa!
 
Haha, never taken one of the dogs before! The other day , I was very upset, almost to the point of an anxiety attack. I asked to talk to my OS or his PA but office staff said they were booked up. Tried to talk to them the next day, same thing, only ruder. From that visit, I learned the brand of implant they would be using. That is when I panicked. They scheduled me for an appt on the day before my surgery. The problem: they want to put in a Depuy, the same company of the implant that the I have had pain with for 9 years, that has been recalled, that the spacer was too small, that I have been dealing with instability for years. I have no confidence in this company. I am worrying my self sick.




Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
 
Haha, never taken one of the dogs before! The other day , I was very upset, almost to the point of an anxiety attack. I asked to talk to my OS or his PA but office staff said they were booked up. Tried to talk to them the next day, same thing, only ruder. From that visit, I learned the brand of implant they would be using. That is when I panicked. They scheduled me for an appt on the day before my surgery. The problem: they want to put in a Depuy, the same company of the implant that the I have had pain with for 9 years, that has been recalled, that the spacer was too small, that I have been dealing with instability for years. I have no confidence in this company. I am worrying my self sick.

I'm so sorry! You know, I'm not sure which implant my doctor is using. He has designed implants for Zimmer, so possibly that.

I've read that it's the skill of the surgeon that is more important than the implant. I hope that your doctor is able to reassure you. I'm sorry you're having so much anxiety. You're in my prayers!
 
If your current implant was recalled for some reason, you can be certain that your new one will not have that same flaw. They would have fixed the flaw immediately after/during the recall. I wouldn't worry about that.
 
Yes, but he is talking about just replacing the spacer. That leaves the recalled one still in Me! Everyone I mention him to, say he is wonderful. All he does is hip and knee replacements. Actually, over 300 per year. I looked up ratings, and he was only a 56. I may be freaking out over nothing. It may not have even been the model that was recalled. It's just that I had such a bad experience with my knee surgery 9 years ago. It has caused me more pain than before I had it done!
 
Yes, but he is talking about just replacing the spacer. That leaves the recalled one still in Me! Everyone I mention him to, say he is wonderful. All he does is hip and knee replacements. Actually, over 300 per year. I looked up ratings, and he was only a 56. I may be flipping out over nothing. It may not have even been the model that was recalled. It's just that I had such a bad experience with my knee surgery 9 years ago. It has caused me more pain than before I had it done!

I don't know much about revisions, but I would think that a new spacer will solve your instability issues. I hope you can talk to him to him about your concerns regarding the recall. I pray you have peace because that anxiety must be so hard to deal with.

Hang in there!
 
Wasn the small spacer the reason for the recall? A spacer replacement is much easier to recover from than a full TKR.
 
@LoveGiants, that you for your prayers and words of encouragement. I will be praying for you, also!
@KarriB , I haven't been able to find out what the recall was for.
 
See PA Tuesday, surgery on Wednesday. Still time to back out.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022
  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020

Members online

Back
Top Bottom