Guest viewing is limited

THR RTHR

Status
Not open for further replies.
I called my OS and left a message to call me. When they called me back I explained my concerns. In turn I now have a doctors appointment tomorrow morning. They want to look at it and do a bunch of scans.

AVN of both hips. Had RTHR on July 7th
 
My husband loves cardinals too. Do you have a feeder?


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
@muckingabout I do not have a feeder for them. To be honest I didn't know that there was a special feeder.

AVN of both hips. Had RTHR on July 7th
 
You can use a regular feeder, but they really like sunflower seeds :)


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
Oh great!! We have a 3 acres here and we were going to plant sunflowers next year and that should draw them.

AVN of both hips. Had RTHR on July 7th
 
Well I have had trouble sleeping at night like most of us on here. I spoke with my doctor and she said to try this. It's over the counter and is not a narcotic no side effects non habit forming. She said to start off small at 5mg and if it doesn't work go up to 15mg. I only have to take 5mg and I sleep through the night and wake up feeling good. The wife has even said that I have stopped snoring. Of course I would talk with your doctor before starting anything. Just thought I'd share this with you all.

[Bonesmart.org] RTHR



AVN of both hips. Had RTHR on July 7th
 
AVN of both hips. Had RTHR on July 7th
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I posted the above just as a update. Things aren't going as well as expected. I'm having complications with the right hip as well as with my knees and back now.

AVN of both hips. Had RTHR on July 7th
 
Having pain so now I need to go to the pain center. Plus they now found arthritis in both of my knee caps. My left hip is going to get core decompression to see if we can save it. My OS said that we won't know for 3 months if it worked. If it doesn't then my left hip will get replaced. I also have to look for a different job now as my OS will not release me back. Plus my Fmla has run out. All this plus the financial strain is taking its toll on me. I'm not even 39 yet this stuff isn't supposed to happen.

AVN of both hips. Had RTHR on July 7th
 
My left hip is going to get core decompression to see if we can save it.
@rbtaylor14 So sorry your AVN is having such a big impact on your life. Can you get a second opinion on having CD? We see so many members have this procedure and then go on to have THR fairly soon after it. Sure, sometimes it works. But it is a longer recovery and often non-weight bearing. If it were me I would go straight to THR.
 
@rbtaylor14 - So sorry you are having all these other issues. But above you said that you were having complications with your right hip - and that is the one that had the THR, right? Are you having issues with that hip?
 
@Jaycey I want to try the CD first. It would be nice to have one good hip while I'm younger. @Chessie yes my right hip was replaced. The problem with it is that I'm having more pain than I should. I'm still ordered to use my walker. I can't bear my weight on the right side at all. My back has been messed up for some time now.

AVN of both hips. Had RTHR on July 7th
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Question for you all. I have been having pretty good amount of pain in my thigh. What would be causing this?
 
@rbtaylor14, I had delibating thigh pain too, mostly in the IT area, but it passed. I see your surgery was two weeks after mine. I, too, feel as thought I am having more pain that I should. I am still very much on the cane. I don't have nearly the early problems that you had, but want you to know you have someone to commisserate with. My biggest problem three months out continues to be shin/ankle pain on the operated leg.
 
Part of the problem with pain is that, when a joint (or two) is out of alignment, your body tries to compensate. That can cause all sorts of pain in other places. Where exactly in your thigh is the pain?

Can you tell me the exact site of your pain using this chart?

[Bonesmart.org] RTHR



[Bonesmart.org] RTHR
[Bonesmart.org] RTHR
 
@Jamie My pain is in a few spots CR2F, DR3F, GR2F, and HR2F. The pain changes also sometimes it is a sharp pain at other times it is a constant pain.
 
Thank you. Let me tag @Josephine to comment for you.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020

Members online

Back
Top Bottom