Guest viewing is limited

TKR Round Two

Just a question...does anyone have a recommendation on a good walking shoe post TKR?
 
When I work on bending my knee, I have muscle pain on the backside of it, this causes me to stop the bend. Anyone else have this, and how do you get rid of it?
 
At this stage of your recovery you really don’t need to work on bending, especially if it causes pain. This recovery takes a long time and you are about one third through this year long journey. Your bend will continue to improve as you continue to heal. No need to rush, and no need to “push” (literally and figuratively!)

By the way, I merged your newest thread with your original recovery thread, as we prefer that members in recovery have only one thread.

This benefits you because all your information is in one place, easy to find, and maintains a nice journal for you.

This also benefits our staff, as your information is all in one place, and we often go back through your thread for previous details, so we know what you‘ve been through which helps us advise you better.

So, please keep all your posts in this thread. If you’d like a new title, let us know what you want, and we’ll change it for you. You can always bookmark this thread so you can find it easily.

Best wishes on your continuing recovery! :flwrysmile:
 
Hi! Here i am at 5 months, my knee feels great!
My other knee, however, is another story! I will have it replaced in November, but in the meantime, I am going to try a gel injection!
Has anyone had one? I have had a cortisone one, it did nothing! I'll post after and let you guys know if it helps!
Be well!
 
I had a gel shot but it didn’t help me at all. Not only that, it really hurt going in, and it took me 2 days to be able to walk normally after I got it as my knee was very upset with it!
 
Great, thanks! LOL. Still I have to try!
 
I’m sure they work for someone, hopefully you’ll be one of them!

I should have realized that my knee’s reaction to the gel shot would be indicative of my recovery from the PKR surgery. I missed the warning light, though!
 
How are you doing these days jockette? I really appreciate your guidance!
 
Nothing has changed with my knee in a long time. It’s not a good outcome, but I can manage, so for now, that’s good enough. Thanks for asking. :flwrysmile:
 
I had the gel one injection today! Boy, did that hurt! Just trying to buy sometime until November, when I will have RTKR. I will let you know if it helps at all!
 
@MARYCOOL I have had several of the gel SYNvisOne in both knees and delayed by replacements by many years and probably too many but now I am on schedule and the gel did work for me.
 
Hi!
I am new to this forum. Happy to find it!
My daughter was able to stay and help, but goes home today! It's more work than I thought, and I am very worried about having hubby take over. I have been to PT twice, making progress, I guess ..I am just so scared of my tub/shower combo, it was so hard to get in. We got an aerobic step, and will attempt again today. This all feels so degrading, having help, to get in the shower. One thing, never have TKR unless you have a walk in shower!

@MARYCOOL I totally agree this is a lot of hard work! It is humbling to have to have so much help. This TKR journey has been hard on my pride The unexpected gift is that it has brought me and my hubby closer together. I’m very verbally and physically thankful toward him and that helps when the pain and stress is high….I also have a tub to climb into but we got a shower chair with the long bench and it works really well. If the shower situation is to stressful wait a couple more days. You may feel stronger in 24 hrs and the shower won’t be so daunting.
 
Thanks for the replies! I am so happy to have this forum!
@jaspa your comment is very encouraging, I will have the replacement in November, and hopefully this will get me through!
@Thegrate Dane -i am having my tub converted this month to a shower. That way, my anxiety will be gone!
Be well!!
 
Well, it doesn't seem like the gel injection worked :( I guess it was worth a try, but today is 4 weeks, and knee is no better. I am so looking forward to November!
I also got a one step system that converts your tub to a shower, so that's not going to worry me anymore!!
Enjoy reading everyone's posts!
 
[Bonesmart.org] Round Two

This is the one step conversion!
 
Last edited:
Here it is October already! I am dreading and looking forward to my RTKR in November. I had the left done in February 2021, and it is doing okay. It still feels so stiff! I ride my bike everyday, golf, ADL..I try to stay positive..
I am hoping that once they are both done I can get on with life! This has been quite a journey, as many of you know!
 
By gel injection do you mean the Synvisc/Monovisc injections? I had Monovisc injected back last Dec and it didn't hurt at all. It helped me for about 2-3 weeks and that was it. My doc said 30% of people get good results, 6 months to a year or more, 30% it helps for about 3 weeks and the rest it doesn't help at all. So you never know until you try. He also said I had to wait 6 months before I could have it replaced after the injection.

Yes, your surgery is coming up! Time is flying! Good luck to you, next year you will have two new (hopefully) painless knees!
 
Thanks @Suzie-q
I had the gel one made by Zimmer!
Unfortunately it didn't work, but, it was worth a try
Hope you are doing well!
 
Well, pre op is complete, surgery is on November 16th! Here we go again! RTKR!
My left one was replaced 8 months ago, and today it decided to act up! It is so stiff and I have some pain on the outside of the knee...I just hope it goes away by Tuesday! I am bummed...with 2 bum knees
 

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom