Guest viewing is limited

TKR Round 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Glad to hear from you, Texan. I have looked for your thread, but could not find it. Looks like you are progressing normally--in bits and fits, but mostly forward. Good luck and sending wishes for continued improvement.
 
@Old Texan, It was good to hear from you today! I follow you but don't EVER get notifications when you post. That is happening with quite a few people I follow. Not sure what is going on. I found your thread and read through what all has been going on with you. I will pray that this new knee is a keeper! Good to hear that you are able to go to rehab. Hope you get excellent care and move on to happier pain free days.
 
Hi @Texan,
Haven't seen you for a while so thought I would check in to see how you are doing.
How is your recovery progressing? Are you finding a big difference between this TKR and the one you had in January? I had my left done in May and my right one 8 weeks later on July 3rd. I find that my mobility is better with this one but the pain is greater. I don't think a lot about my left one anymore and I cannot wait until my right one feels like that! Right now I am elevating with an ice pack on the front of my knee and a heating pad on the back as the muscles behind the knee are really tight.
Hope you have a great day!
:flwrysmile:
 
@71Beetle, I am finding the same thing with my second TKR, the range of motion is better with the second but more pain. If I keep it iced, the pain is controlled. I'm still 8 degrees from being able to straighten. I'm not surprised since I haven't been able to straighten it for about 5 or 6 years. My knee was doing much better last week so I decided to give my kitchen counter, backsplash and everything that sits out, a good cleaning. That night my knee was complaining. All the cleaning was good for me mentally, though! I, too, will be glad when I don't have to think about my right knee. Hope your recovery is going well!
 
Oh boy. I am having knee #2 done in September and I keep reading about it being more painful. Ughhhh !
 
@Jozilla, The pain was never terrible. At it's worst, maybe a 5, but if I would keep it iced, much better. I am at about 5 weeks now and I only take Tylenol twice daily. No narcotics for about a week. I really shouldn't complain because it hasn't been too bad. I had my left knee done first and it was easier to quit using the walker and go to the cane. It felt very unnatural to me to use the cane in my left hand since I am right handed. That made me use the walker longer this time or go without and limp. In the last couple of days I haven't been using a cane or walker at home. Still use an electric cart at the grocery store because that is still too much walking for me. I'm sure you will do fine! I was much better prepared for the second one and knew what to expect.
 
Hi @Jozilla,
I am pleased with the mobility I have on this one compared to the first one at the same stage. The increase in pain could be contributed to a few things:

1. The scar is smaller but the bruising of the knee is a lot more than I had to deal with on the first surgery. Maybe because they had less space to move around in. :)
2. The knee I had done most recently, was in worse shape than the other one with regards to the bone on bone aspect. I have no idea if that is the reason this one is hurting more. :shrug:
3. I am more of a wimp this time around:boohoo:
4. My son may have replaced my meds with sugar pills and is selling the real stuff at street value :snork:

I would not be concerned about your upcoming surgery. the end result will be what you have been waiting for. At this point in my recovery I am in a lot of pain and I wish I could just sleep until it is over but I know based on my first TKR, this too shall pass.

Take care.
 
I am the opposite of you. I did the right. I think maybe you are more eager to have it all over and have less patience. That will be me for sure. Sugar pills - lol. I do think its easier to get pain killers on the street around where I live. No government seems to be able to fix that or keep track of it. I would cringe waiting for my OS to cut me off when I needed a script as he only gave me 7 days at a time! Fortunately he wasn't too bad but pain scares the **** out of me! Hope you have a great day. I have my brothers 50th birthday party this afternoon. He is the baby!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom