Guest viewing is limited

TKR Round 2, RTKR, a new journey and hope

It's so hard looking after an ageing pet, isn't it? I hope your little old lady doesn't have too many more accidents.
Do you think she would learn to use a special box indoors? I know that there are such things for dogs.

My old cat went blind and she became very scared of going outside, or even of trying to locate her litter box. I had to carry her outside every couple of hours and place her on some soft soil, so she could do the necessary.
She told me it was time to let her go, when she started being scared of being picked up or moved at all.
 
We use pads at night but it has not been a success because she stands on it but aim just outside! She is partially blind and is deaf . She use to be really easy to train but now she just does not understand new stuff. The vet was surprised last fall that she was still alive because of her heart condition. She is a tough puppy! She still wags her tail and is happy to see you.
 
I vented a few days ago and here I am now with a spike in progress! I can stand for longer period, inflammation settles down faster.
Today walked the grocery store ( the small one) and was good after. Then I helped my son put our new BBQ together! I sat down on a chair whenever I did not need to stand. Made my lunch and now I am sitting with ice and my leg raised and happy. I was able to be active a good 3.5 hours...yay!
 
And important is that you are now putting your leg up and icing.
 
Day 56 update.
I am way more active during the day and feel very little pain occasionally nothing of concern to me. Inflammation is up, of course, being more active means less elevation and icing! Lets say I manage well during daytime. Only problem is that at night my knee comes back with a vengeance! I started not sleeping well, tossing and turning, pillow switching etc.... Of course I know I am over doing it during the day!
This is all a balance that my Knee and I need to find! After being locked in the house for 2 months, I crave the running around and activity. My knee is not quite ready for the level I am pushing it too and it is FRuStraTing.
The most frustrating is that I tolerate well the little daily "inconveniences" (knee saying slow down and elevate me please). But the bad nights are starting to have an effect on my energy.
So here is my plan. i have been desperately waiting for this knee to be well enough to go shoe shopping, so I am keeping my plan for today. My feet, my knee and my moral need new shoes! I will be taking the following 2 days off, with leg up and ice to give it a break...yes two boring days of looking at the 4 walls in the living room and screens (tv, laptop).
Ps, I need to stop the Aleve because my stomach has started acting up again! Tylenol are sometimes not enough...which equals at this time of my recovery: over doing it!
The picture below says it all!
[Bonesmart.org] Round 2, RTKR, a new journey and hope
 
So I ended going shoe shopping today, yesterday my knee was just too bad!
I splurge, I have not had shoes to my taste for 10 years. My knees where croocked and I would just destroy the shoes because of my gait.
Well now that they are straight here is my new summer shoes collection :)
[Bonesmart.org] Round 2, RTKR, a new journey and hope
 
8 weeks gift: a nice pedicure! So wonderfull to have your feet massaged and pampered! :)
 
That sounds wonderful! I'm looking forward to one in the not so distant future myself. Your legs look great. My left leg is now straight but my right is a little bit out of line. But it does make a difference in the way I walk.
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom