TKR ROUND 2: MotownGirl made it to the other side

Status
Not open for further replies.
How are you doing, Motown? Has your knee settled down or is the tendon (or whatever popped) still bothering you?
 
@Jane B. Woke up today to substantially decreased swelling and pain. BUT, I canceled our attendance @ the Bridal Shower and haven't gotten out of bed all day except to go to a chair and sit so my leg would be bent. I also laid on my stomach on my bed with my knees @ the very edge and let my calves hang over. Good stretch for my hamstrings and my extension. I am still taking it very easy - in fact, I am bored.
How are you feeling? How's your recovery going?
 
I'm pretty bored, as well. It's a rainy day in Kneetown. I did get an hour or so with my grandson. We crashed toy cars, read truck books, and watched YouTube truck videos. He is a very squishable 19 months.
 
MWA is done by tripping over the dog, stepping on a piece of exercise equipment, kicking the cat or otherwise giving the new knee a jolt that gets its attention. Always unintended. If done properly, you see stars and utter curse words. With feeling.
 
Day 3 of loafing in bed: Woke up with knee feeling about 75% as good as it used to BEFORE surgery, if that makes sense. :yes!: No real "pain", just swelling and the feeling that something is wrong. Looks like I am doing something right! I have to heal - 12 days before we drive 2 days to Michigan for a months vacation! I need to be well to survive the ride w/ lots of luggage and two large fur-babies.
 
Post OP Day 34: Starting week #5 tomorrow morning

Today was another day of icing, elevating, and resting. I have one of those 6" foam rollers and I have been placing it under my heel to help gain extension with my leg straight. I am only able to do it for about a minute before my body says "enough", so I stop. I also have the 3" 1/2 wedge type foam roller and I have used that, too. I am also doing what I did yesterday with such positive results: I lay on my stomach on my bed; put my knees right at the edge of the mattress; I let my calves hang over which allows me to stretch just a little. Can't maintain it very long, though, but this journey isn't a race.

I have lost those 11lbs. of water that I gained in the hospital. I do have this weird discoloration on the inside of my knee. The skin around it moves, but this little, dime-sized spot, does not. I will post a picture when I can.

PT resumes tomorrow & that's the only thing on my schedule. This sitting still thing is NOT easy. Just saying. Not complaining...just saying. Have a wonderful night everyone!

Robyn
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Great to hear you've been taking it easy! Maybe your PT can suggest some exercises to do in the pool.
A different one of my co-workers rehabbed in his pool and was back to work in 3 weeks.
What kind of fur babies do you have?
take care,
karen
 
@kaw205 - I didn't see this post until right now and my PT was this morning but I will ask him. GREAT IDEA! We have a German Shepherd who acts more like a giant house cat (goes from room to room & sleeps all day) and we have a Golden Retriever. The Golden is 6 and the Shepherd is 5. I cannot wait for them to see snow! :)

Robyn
 
Oh, I love retrievers, and shepherds are so smart. Mine are 13 and 3 1/2. If you've seen the movie Marley and Me, Seamus, my young one, is just like Marley. He's gotten better, but still full of mischief! (he has destroyed alot of furniture, area rugs, clothing, etc, etc....I've always had Labs, but never one like this!
I had my CT today. Let the games begin!
How's your knee feeling today?
karen
 
I never clicked on your name, and assumed you lived in Michigan, not Florida. We are on the West Coast.

We are supposed to go to our house there on the 25th. I have to get medically cleared, first, however.

We do have a pool. I have an exercise belt and look forward to doing pool exercises, or just getting in the pool! I will have to self pay for PT while I'm there, maybe I can get a water exercise consult. I'll go occasionally in Florida and then check back in with my PT's in Boston when I'm back here over the holidays. (And grandson visiting time!)
 
5 Weeks Post Op (Day 35):
I am attaching two pictures to this post. The first one is this weird mark that appeared shortly after my surgery. It seems to be coming from the inside and growing out to the top of my skin. At the beginning it was very, very tender and seemed like a bruise. After a while it got scaly skin on top of it but that is now gone. I thought it might have been an ice burn. It is still tender.
But, now, after what happened to me the other day with that scar tissue/adhesion breaking free, I am wondering if it isn't another adhesion. I don't see my doctor for a few more weeks. Any ideas? When I rub it, the skin around it moves except for dead center of the mark. It seems glued down to something. The picture I am attaching is me pinching it - you will see what I mean.
The 2nd picture is just my incision at 5 weeks out.
Have a wonderful day!

Best regards,
Robyn
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] ROUND 2:  MotownGirl made it to the other side
    IMG_0289.JPG
    66 KB · Views: 226
  • [Bonesmart.org] ROUND 2:  MotownGirl made it to the other side
    IMG_0290.JPG
    91.1 KB · Views: 215
What's wierd about that mark is that it is so far away from the incision. The incision looks like it is healing well.
Hopefully, some of the Bonesmarties can help you out with this one...
 
Your knee looks like it's healing nicely!! I would ask your OS what the dimple is from.
Nice to see you are resting and doing your ice!! Oh and retired!! Nice isn't it. I love it! I have the grandkids here but it's different than working. Love having them around. When I need a break I close the door and they know Mimi needs a break.
@jeano. Ouch. That sounded very painful and I bet it was colorful. With still having one crutch I can kind of move them along. The small dogs are the worst. Get in the way all the time. Ugh.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
@kaw205 - I loved Marley and Me! Cried a lot in the movie but it was hysterical! I like water dogs and both of our LOVE the pool. Can't wait to see how they feel about SNOW this winter. I know exactly what you mean about letting the games begin. A word of advice...don't let the insurance company see the word Conformis on your CT RX paperwork. That's where I ran into trouble.
@Apaloosa girl I will definitely ask about the dimple..when I searched the internet earlier about scar tissue, something I read confirmed that it could be scar tissue that was "stuck". BTW, I love being retired, even if I am a newbie to it!

Robyn
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom