Guest viewing is limited

TKR Rosie's Recovery

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sending caring thoughts your way. Anxious to hear from you from the other side. :flwrysmile:
 
Good Luck Rosie. I was in the Nuffield Orthapedic Hospital in Chester and had no complaints at all. Staff, food everything was first class. Heres hoping you have a uneventful op and will look forward to hearing your recovery progress. :flwrysmile:
 
Best of luck Rosie! I hope you were able to rest a bit before the op. Just think by the time you read this you have already begun your recovery journey!!
 
Best of luck! Will look forward to your updates!!

Cheers,

Dawn
 
All done. Gad a good chat with lovely surgeon. Was down at 10.30. Blood pressure dropped so much they tried pumping something into me to get my heart to race to elevate it but couldn't believe there was mo reaction at all. I was very cool though and smoked and joked. Went in and woke up in recovery 2 hours later. But distressed for some reason but it passed. Had a bed pan after a cuppa and managed to fill it.... And the bed. :). They Have never seen anything like it.

Back on ward with pump. They wouldn't do it any other way. Put be out then put a block in the knee. Asked them to put a steroid on the other whilst asleep so that I could have 3-6 weeks or less pain so left keg is dab too.

Very high in drugs. I asked not to give he morphine as it nakedness sick but whatever it is gad made be very high.

Leg now no longer pain blocked but managing with pump abd paracetamol.

Lovely lady in my ward who is funny and very warn so we are getting in like a house on fire supporting each other.

Signing if now as cant wait to sleep.

So kind ti get all your best wishes. Xxxxx
 
:goodpost: so pleased to see you are safely on the other side.
Hope you get a good nights sleep.
Love and hugs,
Toothfairy x :friends:
 
Great reading RosieJ glad it's all over and you have joined us with a laugh :egypdance: :happydance: you'll be okay...as someone wise said once ...this too will pass... :whistle:
Let us know how it's going glad you have some nice company with you to share a laugh and add some fun to your stay in hospital...in between those interesting chats just :sleep: lots of rest.

hugs Gami :friends: :flwrysmile:
 
Good morning Rosie,
Congratulations on your super shiny new knee.
Good to know you are being well looked after and have some good company.
How are you today. Hopefully you will get out of bed today, let us know how you get on. Apart from that it is rest, rest, snooze, sleep and rest. Remember those ankle pumps.
Enjoy your recovery, each day is a day nearer to your pain free knee,
Hugs, Toothfairy x :egypdance: :yay:
 
Hello Rosie, how are you today? Post when you can but remember we are thinking about you anyway and sending big hugs and healing wishes your way.
The first couple of days are challenging but I can say from my point of view it is amazing how quickly things settle down. I am now on day 9 post op and I am very mobile and feeling great.
I hope you have been able to take that new knee for a test run, it is awesome how quickly you can use it.
Rest and sleep and have a chat, be happy and we will hear your tales of post op soon, love,
Toothfairy x
 
Hi Rosie, hope you have had a restful night and you are able to get up and move around a bit. Just time to rest and then rest some more...we are thinking of you and sending hugs
Gami :friends: :angel: :flwrysmile:
 
Hello RosieJ, how are you today, day three post op. will you be getting home or are you still in hospital.
I hope you are ok my friend. If you can post even a brief word would be great.
Hope all is progressing well and you are enjoying good company and being well cared for.
Hugs, Toothfairy x :friends:
 
Thinking of you Rosie and hope you are recovering from the Op. Hopefully you will be getting home soon. Take Care
 
Hello Rosie, hope you are doing well. Keep smiling,
Toothfairy x :flwrysmile:
 
Finally home. Had 2 very bad days on all sorts of drugs, and was high and sick most if the time. The op nearly didn't go ahead as my BP fell through the floor (it is always low). They tried to pump adrenalin into me to get my heart to flip so that they could get it up but it didn't do anything..much to their shock.

Anyway surgery went well but low BP for 3 says abd awful drug reactions knocked me for 6. In the end I asked why i couldn't take my arthritis drug instead of all the others. They agreed and I take my usual one per day and 2 paracetamol 4 times a day. Pain is their slightly but not bad at all.

I woke up in hospital yesterday and thought I can't do another day here (even though the hospital is great and very much a family atmosphere) so I told them I intended to go hone late afternoon once I proved I could do everything. You know when you have gad enough and would improve more at home. I showered, dressed insisted I was given crutches and showed the stairs. By 1pm everything had been signed and my son took me the 50 minute drive home.

I got upstairs, into bed feeling very light headed and tired and slept. I managed to sleep on my sides last night and even though I woke every half hour to move positions I went straight back to sleep. One of my cats who always sleeps with me was ecstatic to have me there.

My son got me breakfast in bed then I washed, hair also, hit dressed and came down stairs where I have vegged in a chair icing my knee.

I have to say i am exhausted. I have done a few exercises but feel too tired. Is this normal? I have got up and walked every so often into the kitchen and back.

My bed was 85 when I left. No trouble straightening it if leaving it flat on the stool if bed. First time in 6 years.

So that's my news sorry it took so long to write.
 
:goodpost: :friends:Congratulations all done and dusted but not a smooth ride RosieJ...so nice to hear you are home and getting settled.

Yep feeling whacked is just like we all felt and as you've heard before this is a BIG operation and your body is just letting you know that you have to please let it recover. Don't worry about numbers or what you are other people are doing just follow the mantra...remember those meds, get your diary started, rest, ice, elevate...that's all.

You'll be fine sounds like your son is a good carer...is he doing the cooking for you. He'll probably need an extra hug as the days go by it's a different situation for those who look after us too. :angel:

Just rest easy, each day is bringing you closer to being fit and healthy again.

hugs Gami :flwrysmile: :friends: :flwrysmile:
 
Hi Rosie :)
Lovely to read your post. I am sorry things have been rough for you. Hopefully now you are home you can rest and recuperate.
It is perfectly normal to be exhausted at this stage. I spent my first few days at home snoozing between naps! :sleep: :zzz: :sleep: :zzz:
Take your meds regularly, rest and ice and elevate and rest some more.
Well done, you did it,
Hugs, Toothfairy x
 
Thanks for thoughts. My sons best friend is a district nurse and she popped in last night to say hello. She is also going to take out my clips on Tuesday. She said no matter how tired I am to make sure I do the exercises 3 times a day. Did you all?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom