TKR ROM-chatter

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with Jozilla, you need a full work up to get to the bottom of your continuing fatigue and nausea. Your Dr. should perform a full panel of blood tests.
Good luck getting to the bottom of your problems,
 
@bumknees09 Energy drain seems to stay for awhile from what I have read on people's threads. Hubby says at 10 weeks knee 1 he was still feeling some energy drain. Try to eat protein with each meal. It is a good idea for your doctor to run some blood work just to check things out. The nausea I have no clue about except narcotics often cause nausea. Hope your doctor can help.
 
Thanks everyone~I'm absolutely going to ask my Dr to run blood test. I'm not on narcotics anymore so, that's not it. I suppose I could spend the day trying to guess. Hopefully my Dr will come up w/some answers. 8wks of feeling pretty awful is something I've never dealt with. I've said it before, I feel so bad for people w/chronic pain. Don't know how they do it.
 
Let us know what you find out from the doc.
 
"Hello all~ hope you all had a nice weekend. I need help! Let me preface thus by saying I have an appt with my GP this week. I am so extremely tired and still getting nauseous everyday! Practically anything I eat makes me feel that way. I've tried not taking meds for hours to see if that helps. It doesn't! I'm on my fourth pain med. Two months tomorrow I got my TKR! I've lost 20 lbs! Have zero energy to do hardly anything. I know I've asked but has anyone felt this way? It seems extreme to me. I take multivitamin, probiotic, TRY to eat well etc....."


Again I could have written this. I have diverticulitis and gastritis which haven't bothered me in years. I think that the pain pills did me in. No other explanation for the pain I endured and I ended up at the doctors office with a prescription of 500 mgs of Cipro and Flagyl. I feel so much better. I was blaming everything (feeling nauseous, no appetite, chills) on the pain meds. I stopped them because of that on Aug 18th I think it was. I needed this like a whole in the head. I am only mentioning this because don't think something else could not possibly be going on. Get checked out.

I want you all to know I am thinking of each of you and our recovery every night in my prayers.
 
Hello All~ I hope everyone is enjoying the weekend. Just wanted to give you a quick update; my blood test all came back negative everything is in the normal range. The conclusion is that I'm having residual side effects from the anesticia that I was under twice in a months time and the four different pain meds I've been on at different times over two months! Apparently, it's all reeked havoc on my system. It went from bad to worse as I think I told you nausea, exhaustion, extremely weak diarrhea etc. I went off all meds last week , I've been taking some natural, holistic supplements instead and started going back to acupuncture last week on Thursday. (i've done in the past for certain things and it's helped tremendously I have a lot of faith in it) honestly, I feel like my brain has been scrambled the last month and a half. Unbelievable how awful strange I have felt. I think I'm finally on the road to getting back to being me.... Albeit slowly. Can't thank all of you enough for your insight, and positive replies to me about everything since day one. You've all been a tremendous help thru all of this.
 
Hi bumknees09, I am so glad to hear things are going better. Take it easy and be patient you have endured a whole lot in a short time. All the best to you in your future recovery.
 
@martyz4 ~ very nice comment. I actually feel as though I haven't been through half of what a lot of other people have been but for me this is been extremely trying and bazaar at best! I'm so grateful that I'm feeling better today. Thanks!!
 
@bumknees09 very happy to hear you are doing so well. Take care of yourself and hang in there!!! I am doing the same. I have to back to the doc Oct 7th to see if these bone fragments have scared over?? I don't have a clue how she will know what's what. The knee still clicks and isn't comfortable doing that at all. Somewhat like when your knuckle needs cracked. We'll see. :chinstroke:
 
@martyz4 - that issue you have going on with the clicking? That would drive me insane! That doesn't sound right at all and your description of feeling like you have to crack your knuckles? I understand exactly what you're saying. Again would drive me nuts! Good luck with that I hope that stops.
 
@bumknees09 Well it isn't constant, if it cracked with each step I would be really annoyed. Just every now and then with some unknown movement....if I knew what it was, I wouldn't do it lol!!

How are you doing today, hope you are good!!!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom