THR RinTinTin Recovery Thread

Thank you @Mojo333 and @Layla.
Things are good with me. I've been going to the gym for the last two weeks every second day. Biking 10 km on stationary bike to warm up then using machines to strengthen leg muscles and working on upper body. Finishing with 15 min sweating in the sauna.
So far, I feel excellent.
Forgot my cane the other day at home and since then walking unassisted. Even though it's not that obvious anymore, still limping a bit. When I notice it, I go back to toe to hill steps.
My PT was very happy with my back to gym initiative and after all the assessments and measurements told me I don't need any PT anymore in the hospital nor private, unless by the end of the year I still feel I am not where I want to be with the range of motion.
I think I'll be fine...
I would really emphasize to anyone reading this and questioning their recoveries that slow and easy is the key! Let your hips heal before you decide to work on strengthening those muscles. Time will come!

Last edited:
Sounds like a perfect recovery @RinTinTin.. have you caught yourself walking around and with a big silly grin on your face yet?

Are you ready to organize a garage or two?

Congrats, hippie friend! You've come a long way and I couldn't be happier for you!

Wonderful news @RinTinTin

Big smile on my face! Very happy for you. You sound upbeat and determined to make the most of your new hips!

Happy you found a gym and routine that is working for you. Hurray for forgetting the cane. Slow and easy truly is the key. I was hoping you would check back in. Thank you for the update.

Happy, happy for you. Friend. :yahoo:
Lots of improvements up to a year, and even beyond.
Hope your weekend is sweet.

Sounds like a perfect recovery @RinTinTin.. have you caught yourself walking around and with a big silly grin on your face yet?

Are you ready to organize a garage or two?

Congrats, hippie friend! You've come a long way and I couldn't be happier for you!

Thanks everyone for the nice messages :)
I am sure there is still a long way to the full recovery (if ever) but I'll do my best not to do anything stupid and jeopardize all the progress.
'
Yeah... I think I am ready to work again :) ... I can't wait!

It's a great feeling to resume some of the normal daily activities and I enjoy working so it was important to me to do so again.

Have a great weekend and Happy Friday!

Thanks for asking @VSlowLife.
I am doing pretty good. Walking unassisted for the last 10 days or so. Leg muscles getting stronger. Working out at the gym every second day (biking 5 to 10 km to warmup then using various machines for strengthening upper and lower body muscles). Noting to crazy though as I am still cautious with the weights.

Looking forward to the spring and all the outdoor adventures.
:fingersx:

Walking unassisted for the last 10 days or so. Leg muscles getting stronger. Working out at the gym every second day (biking 5 to 10 km to warmup then using various machines for strengthening upper and lower body muscles).

Congratulations walking unassisted! Fantastic! :egypdance:

Sounds like a good routine to get to where you want to be.

Happy Three Month Anniversary Lefty!
Wow...you're also coming up on your six month anniversary for Righty next Tuesday.
I‘ll bet you’re feeling stronger week by week and realizing the wonderful benefits of this surgery. No More Pain! It’s the best. :happydance:
I hope you have a wonderful March and enjoy the rest of the week!:)
@RinTinTin

Hi @Layla
It's hard to believe it's been three and six months anniversary... time is really flying!
I am pretty much back to normal life... slowly got back into gym routine and slowly getting back clients.
You are right about the benefits of the THR.
We are all nervous once we are diagnosed and suggested the surgery and all regret we have not done it sooner.
You too have a wonderful March...
:)

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Dcytpoti
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom