TKR Righty Tighty

Status
Not open for further replies.
U have started taking Melatonin as well and it works...Unfortunately insomnia is just part of the journey. .I'm at 15 weeks and still have it, some times worse than others..hope your MIL is OK..that worry and stress could also be a high factor in your sleeping patterns.
 
I haven't checked in for a while & thought I would post an update. 7 months plus and all is well. Flex continues to improve havent measured it but it's probably 130-135, don't know if I will ever get to full contact calf to hamstring like the original equipment knee but I don't doubt I will get to 145.
I did not exercise the knee I just used it as normal as it would let me. I swim 2000+ yards with no pain whatsoever. I can walk as far as I wish with no pain, and it is no longer destroying my feet. I can now even walk barefoot without foot pain (no more slippers with orthotic pads just to goo to go whiz)!
I have climbed trees with a chainsaw to prune & cleaned my roof, it feels great to be able to do such things again!

Just like every TKR recipient that I have talked to in person I can now say "I got my life back"! If only my back was agreeable I could say I feel like I'm 30 again!
 
Dan, what a great and encouraging post. It is so hard to convince new people that less is more!! It sounds like you are doing great --hat's off for a great recovery.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom