TKR Right tkr 18th September 2014 !!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Day 9!!! Bit of a set back!!

Well yesterday my calf got so sore a un weight bearing I had to seek help! I'd had it checked every day whilst at hospital, but 2 days out of the hospital it took a turn for the worse and swelled up, so much so that I couldn't move my ankle or put any weight on it!!
So of to A & E, who confirmed possible blood clot and I was given a blood thinning injection to be repeated Saturday n Sunday with a scan on Monday, that will confirm if this is the problem!!

On a plus my wound is fine my obs where all okay! Lost a little bend in the knee due to swelling but extra ice elevation n rest sessions have been ordered and delivered!!

Day 9, still early days I'm still smiling, I will get through this and still be smiling!!

PS Slept loads last night around about 6.5 hours undisturbed!




(*Bald! One goodish knee! The other swapped for a new one (Sept 18th 14) 49 yrs young and from Yorkshire England *)
 
8 days after Rtkr

[Bonesmart.org] Right tkr 18th September 2014 !!!!



(*Bald! One goodish knee! The other swapped for a new one (Sept 18th 14) 49 yrs young and from Yorkshire England *)
 
Day11
NO BLOOD CLOT!!! RESULT!!!
Been to hospital for a ultrasound , all good and working properly!! Just delayed onset of bruising with a bit of extra swelling chucked in!!
Back to it ... Ice Physio Ice Elevate Rest.... REPEAT!!!
Walking around the house today unaided! 1st Physio session at hospital tomorrow ... Arghhhhhh bring in the CPM machine ?!?! ... Should be fun!! Cryo cuff cooler should arrive tomorrow so may make post Physio easier!!


(*Bald! One goodish knee! The other got replaced 18th Sept 2014!! West Yorkshire England*)
 
Two weeks today!!

Going well I think!
Biggest problem is getting it going first thing on a morning! Doing 4x very light Physio every day ,stretching mainly for tight hamstring and calf. Struggling with getting a straight leg but working on it! Manage a bend of around 85-90 ( only had 5-90 pre op!!) with a push not too worried about that yet though, staples out today so that should ease thing off a bit,shouldn't it?

Do I need to do my Physio every day? Am I allowed a rest day?

Pain meds are right down 2x paracetamol +1 codeine every 4/5 hours!

Went for a walk outside on crutches yesterday concentrating on form (not speed!) managed 1/3 of a mile no probs!!
Walking around the house slowly unaided feels good!!


(*Bald! One goodish knee! The other swapped for a new one (Sept 18th 14) 49 yrs young and from Yorkshire England *)
 
Staples coming out makes everything better. You can call a rest day whenever you want. Just be sure to do some slides over the course of the day. tight hamstrings will take some time, keep at it. You are a rock star.
 
Would you be so kind as to create a signature with your surgery date in it for us? To do this, mouse hover over your username at the top right of the screen. Choose Create a Signature from the drop down menu.

Having this at the bottom of each post makes it much easier for us to know how far out you are. And....you won't really have to put the date in the body of your post that way.....unless, of course, you want to.
 
Do I need to do my Physio every day? Am I allowed a rest day?
Of course you should have a day off. Two if you like. By my reckoning, most people do far too much exercising anyway.
Went for a walk outside on crutches yesterday concentrating on form (not speed!) managed 1/3 of a mile
Hey hold on - you're only 4 weeks out. That's far too much for 4 weeks. Read this (again!) Activity progression for TKRs
Pain meds are right down 2x paracetamol +1 codeine every 4/5 hours!
There is nothing to be gained by reducing your meds so soon. You will run into trouble if you do that. I had an intense surge of pain at 6 weeks.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom