THR right hip done 19th April 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
Exceptional first report! Keep up the good work! Remember, ice and rest and elevation if that helps. Take your pain meds by the clock, no matter how you think you feel, too! Stay on top of it!
I'll be in your position in two days, so we're almost hip twins!
Keep us posted.
Lynn
 
Well Day 5 I got up made breakfast, washed, got dressed thank goodness for grabbers. Used the golfers dip to get something out of the freezer, took the rubbish out, put a load of washing on. I am blown away I can fully weight bare and I am 56 years old 174lb not a young thing. I am using the sticks just for my own peace of mind I want my legs a little stronger but the hip supports no bother. Ice truly is a revelation I was a little sore during the night sore not painful I took 2 paracetamol and iced my hip within 20 mins I was ok and sleeping again.
I am aware I have been very fortunate I think my hippies on here helped me, I went into surgery calm and relaxed doing breathing exercises having happy thoughts. This was all down to the good will and kindness from everyone on here we all just want the best for each other. I am waiting for the carer to come and change my stockings because I have no one to help and I have coped fine. The secret take the advice on here and prepare prepare prepare it has certainly paid off. I am going for now I will come back tomorrow. Take care all my friends hugs Mags
 
@LibraryLynn I took yesterday off, so I hope I have caught you pre op I am sure everything will go well for you and all this love and healing on this site will follow you into the op-room. Hugs cuddles and best wishes xxx Mags
 
Superb you have sussed it lass secret is a calm approach. So proud of you going into surgery calm, you put a smilemom this chaps face

Legin THR Sep 14
 
@Legin Hi Don thanks for your kind words, to get rid of that soul sucking pain was wonderful, after that it is down to a good surgeon and getting on with things best wishes Mags
 
So right, I sometimes worry that some people pre surgery look at my thread and see the wee problems I have but I firmly believe that it is the best option to the point that despite my hiccups I will have the second hip done soon. Well cant have those nurses not have wind ups can I.

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Day 5 I used ice for the first time early hours of today I did not want to take strong meds and it was more an ache than anything with light pain meds and a little ice I got back to sleep I have no swelling at all every anxiety I had has not come to fruition. I am blessed I know I am I wish I could wipe everyone's worries and fears away I can walk with one stick and walk like a person not a duck I had to throw my slippers away when I looked they were twisted to my old gait and making it difficult to walk with them on who would think about that I didn't! So I am only held back by the 90degree precautions, if the sun keeps shining in a couple of days if I feel safe enough I will go and sit in the garden sadly sans a glass of wine lol don't want to fall over drunk lol I wish I could make it this easy for everyone hugs Mags xx
 
@Legin Hi don by the time you have your second surgery I will already have had my second. Mr Nanu said if I am ok on my six week appointment he will put me on his list for the left hip. I realise I have been blessed with such an easy recovery take care Mags
 
@chalcedonian1 Hi I have no swelling minimum discomfort no pain, I can walk with 1 stick fully weight bare and it is day 5 from my surgery I have been so blessed I am 56 no light weight but my shiny new hip works wonderfully I wish everyone recovered like this. I do however love my ice it just soothes everything! take care Mags xx
 
@narnybose that's amazing news!!! I'm beyond happy for you :-) :-) :-)
Can't wait for more great updates from you!
 
@Great Aunt Janet @Blessed1 Hi both pride before a fall lol Thank you for your kind words I was so well I got Trevor my cat home sooner than I expected does anyone want a cat lol. He has bounced all over me all night the silent tom has become a squaker and after a long night (I love him) he is sound as a top on the bed while I sit here with eye lids on my knees ha ha. He is so lovely he makes me laugh all the time. I was getting so self absorbed he has pulled me up and cheered me up no end. I hope you are both fine cheering each other up is what this site is about hugs and cuddles xxx Mags
 
@narnybose - so wonderful to hear of your great recovery !:) Sometimes preparation
works.

My anesthesiologist was great in person but miscalculated the amount of pain killer I needed
and I awoke in excruciating pain after my surgery in the recovery room. Wasn't expecting
that....but they gave me dilaudid and got pain under control. The first 2 weeks have been
trying for me but I'm getting a handle on the amount of painkillers needed. And as each day
passes, I'm feeling more grateful for my new hip too!
 
@souldancer to wake in pain like that must have been awful not what you expected, I hope you truly have your pain in retreat that is the top worry we all have going into surgery. I am glad you are starting to feel the benefit of your new hip and no more grinding bleeping awful soul sucking hip pain we have all been enduring. Have some hippy healing thoughts sent your way along with some love onward and upward xxxxx Mags
 
while I sit here with eye lids on my knees ha ha.
Morning @narnybose - hope you managed a bit more sleep last night (despite Trevor - also the name of my Florence/husband!!) - I found that as time went on, I was having better periods of sleep - I think I have got used to keeping a pillow between my legs all the time so I can turn over to my old hip side without waking. I still do wake up of course, but oh, the joy of getting some proper sleep! Wishing it for you, big time!
:sleep:
 
The more we strive sleep the more it hides just accept snoozes when they sneak up on you. It does get better.

Legin THR Sep 14
 
@Great Aunt Janet @Legin Hi Both thanks for your encouragement I am jealous sleeping on your side! I crave my bed but I am frightened if I get in I cannot get out and no one to shout for help. Sleep is getting better I think we all dream of the day when we can sleep on our side again I have about 5 weeks to go but I Know I will be able to get into bed before that time. I am sick of daytime tv already lol hey ho the goal gets nearer every day I send you both my best wishes and waves of healing love take care xxxx Mags
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom