Hinged Joint Revision Complete, recovery continues

My first PT Aide job the PT asked me to go get the Goinometer, I did not have a clue. I asked which drawer it was in. Looked in the drawer and brought him the only thing I had never seen :rotfl:, the goinometer. He will never be the wiser.

ok...i c...I still have my CPM so am using that. my knee is stiff due to lying in bed for a couple of days without moving it. i have a droid so will check it out.

I am pretty stiff in the morning too, finding it is getting easier to loosen up with a few heel slides, and quad sets.

cool, I'll try it later tonight. I'm going to get in and out of the tub later to see if I can...I really really want a hot bath. Right now we're watching the ball game so later I'm going to move around some.

My neighbor called to say the neighbor hood pool is open for the summer :swim:, I still have one pesky scab that seems quite comfortable where it is right now. Going to have to wait until it is fully healed.
And oh yes the pool is kept a 90 degrees Ahhhhhh.

Unfortunately, even if a hot tub was available, we both would have to watch from the sidelines. The day will be here soon when we will both be back in the swim of things.

I just downloaded the goniometer app on my phone. If nothing else it will provide entertainment in an otherwise boring day :)

Are hot tubs on the no no list?
If you incision is closed they are OK, if not stay away. I still have 2 lingering scabs so it is a big NO NO for me.
When those scabs heal, I will be in the water ASAP.
Hot tubs are known to be a soup of bacteria, your skin needs to be intact.

@lovetocookandsew, I had my staples out on Friday and they told me I could not bathe or swim for 3 weeks at the earliest and it would be longer if the scar had not closed completely. We have a salt water pool so maybe it is likely less harmful than chlorine but I don't want to take any chances. Did you OS give you an idea on when you can have a bath?

My scar is totally healed, the PT told me that a couple of weeks ago and said I could begin putting lotion on it then. It looks good and I really really needed a bath. I just kept it out of the water as much as possible, but that bath was a lifesaver for me. Getting dried off and dressed after was taxing, but worth it. Using the CPM on a low number tonight was a little help, but I need to get it back up, my knee really is stiff from not using it or exercising while sick, and not doing enough lately when I've felt awful. Being sick is a real setback on healing a knee and really sucks.

Glad you enjoyed the bath, sounds like your incision is fully healed.
I have the tiniest of scars so am stuck on land for now.
I should post a photo, it would be good for a laugh :)

Sent from my iPod touch using BoneSmart®

@Pumpkln you seem to have turned a corner now and are on the road to recovery. Things can only get better from now on. Rest, ice and elevate, slowly slowly does it!

Hi @Pumpkln wanted to visit you. Are you still waking to take meds at night? I usually wake up very early and get them going, but if I set an alarm I would never get back to sleep. I think the emoticon for the alarm is hilarious. It is so descript. I cannot nap during the day. Just doesn't work. So, your knee didn't complain on your short errands? That is SO cool! When I read you are able to do things without that tight "vice" feeling, I think yea!!!!
~~hopefaith

ImageUploadedByBoneSmart Forum1401126252.947568.jpg

Here is a photo of my very small almost healed scab. A little to the right, it was a staple hole.

Sent from my iPod touch using BoneSmart®

I may try that with my ipad. Wow our scars look similar. I have a tiny scab like thing that the OS said is a internal stitch that hasn't absorbed, or whatever that word is.....my brain isn't working. I am trying my own scar massage, because when my PT started it 3 weeks ago, I about climbed onto the ceiling. :yikes: When I am doing it, it feels okay. Do you find Tylenol works very well. I just don't feel it does much. I have decreased my pain meds. a lot, but still need my long acting in the evening. I forget if you can take nsaids. I cannot, so it is a conundrum. Very fun seeing your scar. (we are weird, aren't we, at least we all are. :yes:) It sounds like you are feeling a lot better. I so appreciate your support on here. I was ready to give up a few weeks ago. I think I was so overwhelmed by the surgery and the site just didn't make sense. So thank you!

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jaycey
    ADMINISTRATOR Staff member since February 2011

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
All2Gd88
Recent bookmarks

Latest posts